American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

New Rv Owners

roadmaven

This is cool! My brother & sister in law will be happy to see these & consider buying one.

Congrats.

Pat and Jennifer, Cool! What do they squeeze into that charmer? (Other than you)

And I see it drew out the 'ole RV'er himself. Long time no see. Welcome back.

Dave

Keep the Show on the Road!

Pat and Jennifer, Cool! What do they squeeze into that charmer? (Other than you)

And I see it drew out the 'ole RV'er himself. Long time no see. Welcome back.

Dave

Dave -- They squeeze, in a compact form, a stove, sink, cabinets, table & seats, and those seats & table convert to a queen size bed. We've never owned an RV, never been camping, I"ve never hauled a thing in my life, and I'm nervous as heck! We joined a Yahoo group dedicated to these little wonders and there are over 3,000 members on there! They've been really helpful in giving us suggestions. More info on what's inside, with the different floor plans, can be found here.

We're excited about it. It's going to open up a whole new world to our travel experience and an introduction to these campgrounds that seem to be around ever curve in the road. We won't blow off mom & pop motels for sure, but when we're on a long trip and all there is are chain motels, well, the mobile escape pod gives us an alternative. Plus, it's darn cool looking! Heck, I thought I got looks in my Corvair...this is gonna blow that away! Just wish the Vair could haul it!

Pat,

I have noted those rigs on the road (who could miss them!!). I think the colors are really great.

I have a fond spot in my heart for the little trailer. In my 20’s I owned a 1962 Buick convertible (deuce and a quarter) and we pulled a small trailer around the western states when my son was a baby. That was a few years ago (!!!) and most RV trends since then have been toward the “house on wheels,” which is swell, but not my personal cup of tea.

I just bought a convertible that probably has the power to pull a trailer, so I will take a look at one of those rigs….just for the fun of it. Thanks for the link because I couldn’t find it last night when I searched in Elkhart!

Dave

• 2 weeks later...