American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

Becky's Christmas Surprise

It has been pretty quiet at the American Road Garage, what with everyone spending as much time as possible with family and friends

Denny went off on his annual Christmas trip, this time to New Orleans with stops along the way to visit some of the civil rights monuments and sites. Then he connected with Alex in Jackson, Mississippi and did some blues places. The rest of us followed his journey on his web site.

The garage was decked out for the holidays, complete with snowflakes in the office window and red and green ribbons tied on the new tires. Now that we have those credit cards, headquarters sent us down a bunch of punch card receipts with Christmas bows printed on the face. Real festive!

We have been telling each other about the gifts we got for Christmas. Mobilene got a new fancy radio, that receives not only AM but also that new FM frequency. As soon as there are a couple of FM stations on the air, Keep says he may buy one. RoadDog was all excited about his Route 66 calendar, and Dave Reese got some HO model cars for his slot car track.

Cityboy1968 got a new GPS but it “only” has 750,000 points of interest. Poor guy! Then he got a Delorme Atlas to back it up. No chance he’s getting lost! Eyerobic got a new GPS.

etchr66 has started posting. They have been members since the early days, but have just hung out most of the time, until now. Glad to see you with the gang at the garage! And they are experts, having done the whole of Route 66!

Did Becky tell everyone what Thomas got her for Christmas? Seems he is a little short on gift ideas, so he finally asked her before Christmas what she wanted. She said “You can always get me attire. You know a girl always likes attire!”

He didn’t see a reason to get her just one, so he went all the way and bought her four, complete with rims! What a guy!

We mounted them on the rims the night before Christmas, and he put them under the tree Christmas morning. Boy, I bet she was surprised!

Keep the Show on the Road!

It has been pretty quiet at the American Road Garage, what with everyone spending as much time as possible with family and friends

Denny went off on his annual Christmas trip, this time to New Orleans with stops along the way to visit some of the civil rights monuments and sites. Then he connected with Alex in Jackson, Mississippi and did some blues places. The rest of us followed his journey on his web site.

The garage was decked out for the holidays, complete with snowflakes in the office window and red and green ribbons tied on the new tires. Now that we have those credit cards, headquarters sent us down a bunch of punch card receipts with Christmas bows printed on the face. Real festive!

We have been telling each other about the gifts we got for Christmas. Mobilene got a new fancy radio, that receives not only AM but also that new FM frequency. As soon as there are a couple of FM stations on the air, Keep says he may buy one. RoadDog was all excited about his Route 66 calendar, and Dave Reese got some HO model cars for his slot car track.

Cityboy1968 got a new GPS but it “only” has 750,000 points of interest. Poor guy! Then he got a Delorme Atlas to back it up. No chance he’s getting lost! Eyerobic got a new GPS.

etchr66 has started posting. They have been members since the early days, but have just hung out most of the time, until now. Glad to see you with the gang at the garage! And they are experts, having done the whole of Route 66!

Did Becky tell everyone what Thomas got her for Christmas? Seems he is a little short on gift ideas, so he finally asked her before Christmas what she wanted. She said “You can always get me attire. You know a girl always likes attire!”

He didn’t see a reason to get her just one, so he went all the way and bought her four, complete with rims! What a guy!

We mounted them on the rims the night before Christmas, and he put them under the tree Christmas morning. Boy, I bet she was surprised!

Keep the Show on the Road!

Hee, hee, hee! I like that, attire. . .

Actually, I got coffee mugs that he had specially made with artist renderings of my dachshund puppies! (We had to buy the tires earlier in the year.) Now I can drink "liquid asphalt" or "American Roadhouse blend" java in style!

Happy New Year everyone!

Becky