American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

The Magazine Arrived

Dave Reese

Another great issue team. I have just started to graze my way through and I have already found memories as well as items to file away for future trips. The Schoodic article talked about a Navy base, which I believe may be the one my Dad stumbled us into on a vacation drive in the 1960's. It was the first time I knew anything about fortifications on the eastern seaboard in WWII. I was amazed as I had always felt that our country was safe from anything. I have gotten older and maybe wiser, but thoughts of how I felt back then was very soothing.

The photos from the Ben-Hur route show the types of locations I am always hoping to find on a trip, so there I know there are still 100's, no 1000's, of places I need to visit in the USA. And I wish I had gotten this issue a few weeks earlier when I was in Mystic CT. Oh well, we just need to head back to try Kitchen Little Restaurant.

And many thanks to Denny Gibson for his fascinating article about the history of our National Road in Ohio.

Now I need to get back to the issue to read about Alaska, Mr. Toad, and much more. No matter how much I appreciate the internet, a beautiful magazine like American Road is still better, as I can lie on the couch and read at my own pace without incoming messages, screen savers, or pop-ups.

Oh sure - rant and rave about another great issue from American Road (ain't they all!!!!!!) and those of us still waiting will be pacing the floor in anticipation!!! LOL ROF

Can't wait :P but guess I'll just have to.

Safe Travels y'all!!

Hudsonly,

Alex Burr

Memphis, TN

Oh sure - rant and rave about another great issue from American Road (ain't they all!!!!!!) and those of us still waiting will be pacing the floor in anticipation!!! LOL ROF

Can't wait :P but guess I'll just have to.

Safe Travels y'all!!

Hudsonly,

Alex Burr

Memphis, TN

Hi Alex,

It should arrive any day now. If you don't have it by the end of the week, let me know.

:D b

Hi Dave,

Glad you are enjoying the issue! When you get back to Kitchen Little, let us know. We'll look forward to hearing about your experience.

:D B

And I wish I had gotten this issue a few weeks earlier when I was in Mystic CT. Oh well, we just need to head back to try Kitchen Little Restaurant.

If you (or anyone) happens to get back there, tell Flo or her son (darn, I forgot his name...) you read about Kitchen Little in American Road!

Hi Alex,

It should arrive any day now. If you don't have it by the end of the week, let me know.

:D b

Hi Dave,

Glad you are enjoying the issue! When you get back to Kitchen Little, let us know. We'll look forward to hearing about your experience.

:D B

Go back to sleep Becky, American Road arrived today. LOL

Safe Travels.

Hudsonly,

Alex Burr

Memphis, TN