American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

Great Motorcycle Travelblog

DennyG

I just found this blog through an unexpected source and have a hunch folks here might enjoy it. It's from a professional chef who is running around the country (and sometimes beyond) on a BMW with sidecar. His dog is with him as he visits wonderful places, takes marvelous pictures, and occasionally prepares and documents incredible meals. In addition to the photos and text that make up the blog, there are some references to more photos and descriptions on a service called SmugMug. SmugMug is a reasonably priced photo storage site with backup that, when viewed in journal mode, is much a blog itself.

The blog is at http://www.theoasisofmysoul.com/ and you don't have to ride, own, or even like motorcycles to enjoy it.

Nice find....Looking at the photos from the Mojave just reminded me how lonely it can be out there. Utah is state I'm really looking to explore in the near future. My dad's very high on Utah from its scenice perspective, and I recall Jim Ross telling me a couple of years ago how incredible southern Utah is. Might have to actually come up with a trip plan shortly. B)

Nice find....Looking at the photos from the Mojave just reminded me how lonely it can be out there. Utah is state I'm really looking to explore in the near future. My dad's very high on Utah from its scenice perspective, and I recall Jim Ross telling me a couple of years ago how incredible southern Utah is. Might have to actually come up with a trip plan shortly. B)

I've not done this trip on a motorcycle, but, I've been to Arches National Park in Utah - and, it is one of my favorite National Parks. There is nothing on earth quite like it (at least that I've seen). There are lots of great hikes (which I certainly couldn't handle anymore with my back injury). But, I look back at that trip fondly.

Bryce is also quite spectacular. I'll never forget the time Thomas and I went there. We camped (in a tent) and slept on a roll out mat with sleeping bags. The ground was SOOOO hard. . . no grassy cushion there! Regardless, we had a fabulous time.

I highly recommend visiting souther Utah.

:D

Becky Repp

becky@americanroadmagazine.com

• 1 year later...

Hi DennyG... don't ask how I found this Forum but as we have been on the road for 18 months now, it is very cool...

We are still in Utah battling the winds... Love to post an excerpt when I post a Blog piece... There is much information all around. Wonder if this would be the proper plave?...

283181610_yzFK7-L.jpg

Muley Point yesterday...

Be well... Ara & Spirit

Big welcome, Ara. I honestly got excited when I saw beemerchef on a post. I've subscribed to your RSS feed since about the time I started this thread which was - can it possibly be?!?! - just over a year ago. I don't visit the blog with every new post but do get there somewhat often. Of course, when I do visit, I'm almost always hit with regret that I didn't immediately click each RSS entry when it appeared but sometimes that's just not an option.

theoasisofmysoul.com is a wonderful blog and I think excerpts would be welcomed although that's not really for me to say. That "administrator" title was bestowed for a long completed specific task and no one's bothered to revoke it. (Jennifer, now might be a good time.)

I'll keep watching and hoping our paths someday cross so I can accept that coffee offer.

• 2 years later...

I just found this blog through an unexpected source and have a hunch folks here might enjoy it. It's from a professional chef who is running around the country (and sometimes beyond) on a BMW with sidecar. His dog is with him as he visits wonderful places, takes marvelous pictures, and occasionally prepares and documents incredible meals. In addition to the photos and text that make up the blog, there are some references to more photos and descriptions on a service called SmugMug. SmugMug is a reasonably priced photo storage site with backup that, when viewed in journal mode, is much a blog itself.

The blog is at <a href="http://www.theoasisofmysoul.com/" target="_blank">http://www.theoasisofmysoul.com/</a> and you don't have to ride, own, or even like motorcycles to enjoy it.

Wow sir thank you so much for sharing this blog. I really enjoy reading this. And the pictures, just wonderful.

Thanks again! :rolleyes:

Bob

Putting some finishing touch on my new blog and site.

Edited by bobmorton

Wow sir thank you so much for sharing this blog. I really enjoy reading this. And the pictures, just wonderful.

Thanks again! :rolleyes:

Bob

Putting some finishing touch on my new blog and site.

Bob,

I'm glad you found Denny's post regarding Ara and Spirit, and thus Ara's blog. Several of us have followed his tales and photos of life on the road over the past couple of years and found it fascinating and enriching.

Welcome......and Thanks for your comment!!!

Dave

Keep the Show on the Road