From sandy beaches to renowned art collections, Muskegon is the hub of arts, culture, and adventure along the shores of Lake Michigan. Video: https://youtu.be/irjNajpg9RM
Whether you’re looking for adventure on the Appalachian Trail atop Roan Mountain or a relaxing escape on Watauga Lake you can find it here in Carter County, Tennessee.
With the beautiful backdrop of the Shawnee National Forest, all seasons lure outdoor enthusiasts to Southernmost Illinois. An abundance of scenic hikes, easy to challenging, offer beautiful views. Bring your bike or rent one along the 50-mile Tunnel Hill Trail. Bring your canoe or kayak, or rent one to paddle on lakes and creeks or experience the Cache River Wetlands. Enjoy the fall color drive along the Shawnee Hills Wine Trail.
In this “Discover Your Nevada” moment with Travel Nevada and @pbsreno’s Wild Nevada, hear ghost stories of spooky locations in Goldfield and Tonopah!
In this “Discover Your Nevada” moment with Travel Nevada and @pbsreno’s Wild Nevada, hear all about the amazing dark skies of the Silver State!
The Pilgrims established the first permanent English settlement in New England when the Mayflower landed in 1620. Because of its role in American History, Plymouth County continues to be a popular destination. Discover the spirit of salty tales and lighthouse legends as you explore our historic coastline and proud maritime heritage. Stay & Play in Plymouth County with lodging, dining and shopping for all!
Visit the amazing Kinzua Sky Walk at the Kinzua Bridge State Park voted #1 Best State Park in Pennsylvania by TripAdvisor. Explore the scenic beauty of the Allegheny National Forest.
Mark your calendars now and plan your Route 66 adventure to Springfield, IL for the 22nd Annual International Route 66 Mother Road Festival! There is no better place to be this fall!
· RECON-TECHS Springfield presents the Friday night Route 66 City Nights Cruise with up to 2,000 classic cars cruising into downtown Springfield. The cruise will feature a tribute to the local veterans as the 2023 Grand Marshals in the Hail to the Heroes segment of the cruise
· Enjoy live music Friday and Saturday at Main Stage at 6th & Washington!
· Not to be missed, the Burnout Competition Saturday afternoon at 3pm at 7th & Washington
· The Miss Mother Road pageant takes place on Saturday sponsored by Springfield Vintage, on the Main Stage
· Old Capitol Farmers Market – Saturday morning. Fresh, local produce and goods to enjoy.
· Admire the spectacular automotive eye candy in the “Monet of Cars” featuring cars from Dick Levi on Saturday & Sunday
· Post your “selfie” at any Illinois Route 66 landmark to Facebook, or Instagram with hashtag #MyIL66 and #visitspringfield to be featured on Illinois Route 66 Scenic Byway social media! Info at #MyIL66.
· IL State Capitol Photo Op! Stage a photo of your car with the majestic Illinois State Capitol Building as your backdrop (4th & Capitol)
· Grab the Explorer Passport and visit our Living Legends & Landmarks of Route 66 throughout Springfield, available at the Springfield Visitors Center
· Register your ride for a chance to be awarded one of the top honors, show will be judged by CASI certified national judges
· CAR/TRUCK SHOW REGISTRATION HOURS: Thursday, Sept. 21 11:30am-6pm, Friday, Sept 22, 11am-8pm, Saturday, Sept. 23, 8am-Noon
· FESTIVAL HOURS: Friday, September 22: Cruise Line-up 3pm, Cruise into Downtown 6pm, Show hours 6pm-10pm; Saturday, September 23: Show Hours 9am-10pm; and Sunday, September 24 9am-2pm, Awards Ceremony at Noon
Travel along the iconic Route 66 to Springfield, the history-filled capital of Illinois. Experience one of America’s most beloved presidents, Abraham Lincoln. Pick up the complimentary Explorer Passport and prepare to engage all of your senses.
One city, two adventures, including twenty sites, attractions, culinary treasures and museums in one passport of memorable fun.
Visit our Legends and see them in action as you create your own memories on the road!
There will be plenty of shopping, dining and tons of holiday cheer to go around! Walk around downtown, visit the historical sites, listen to carolers sing a traditional holiday song and catch one of the many performances at the Old State Capitol. Take a free midwest wagon ride and ice skate on the Old State Capitol lawn!