Mark your calendars now and plan your Route 66 adventure to Springfield, IL for the 22nd Annual International Route 66 Mother Road Festival! There is no better place to be this fall!
· RECON-TECHS Springfield presents the Friday night Route 66 City Nights Cruise with up to 2,000 classic cars cruising into downtown Springfield. The cruise will feature a tribute to the local veterans as the 2023 Grand Marshals in the Hail to the Heroes segment of the cruise
· Enjoy live music Friday and Saturday at Main Stage at 6th & Washington!
· Not to be missed, the Burnout Competition Saturday afternoon at 3pm at 7th & Washington
· The Miss Mother Road pageant takes place on Saturday sponsored by Springfield Vintage, on the Main Stage
· Old Capitol Farmers Market – Saturday morning. Fresh, local produce and goods to enjoy.
· Admire the spectacular automotive eye candy in the “Monet of Cars” featuring cars from Dick Levi on Saturday & Sunday
· Post your “selfie” at any Illinois Route 66 landmark to Facebook, or Instagram with hashtag #MyIL66 and #visitspringfield to be featured on Illinois Route 66 Scenic Byway social media! Info at #MyIL66.
· IL State Capitol Photo Op! Stage a photo of your car with the majestic Illinois State Capitol Building as your backdrop (4th & Capitol)
· Grab the Explorer Passport and visit our Living Legends & Landmarks of Route 66 throughout Springfield, available at the Springfield Visitors Center
· Register your ride for a chance to be awarded one of the top honors, show will be judged by CASI certified national judges
· CAR/TRUCK SHOW REGISTRATION HOURS: Thursday, Sept. 21 11:30am-6pm, Friday, Sept 22, 11am-8pm, Saturday, Sept. 23, 8am-Noon
· FESTIVAL HOURS: Friday, September 22: Cruise Line-up 3pm, Cruise into Downtown 6pm, Show hours 6pm-10pm; Saturday, September 23: Show Hours 9am-10pm; and Sunday, September 24 9am-2pm, Awards Ceremony at Noon