American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

New Album Posted....

roadmaven

Hi all....just posted some pics from a fall foliage trip we took in October into southern Indiana and Kentucky. It's in the Gallery and can be found here:

Corvairs on the Road

I always appreciste new photos! Thanks for sharing! And by the way, did you notice that one of your party was behind the tree. apparently watering the forest :o Tell him he was spotted.

Keep the Show on the Road!

While looking at Pat's pics, I noticed another new album quietly posted by new member Gherkintrude. That album, Summer 2006, includes a shot of recent American Road cover boy Mothman.

Pat, I once had a '64 Corvair the same yellow as your Dad's but it wasn't a Spyder. It was a Corsa convertible. Love those Spyder spinners.

I built a model of the Corvair Spyder back in the 60's. Never had the pleasure to own one. I tried to get my sister to buy one when I was in HS, but she opted for the Camaro. I ended up buying it from her...it was my second car, and only one of two automatics I have ever owned. But I still love to look at the Corvairs at the car shows...

And by the way, did you notice that one of your party was behind the tree. apparently watering the forest :o Tell him he was spotted.

I was wondering how long it'd take for someone to spot me back there! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to add a little note on this topic. One of the folks on the trip with us that weekend was featured on a local PBS program, "Across Indiana". The film crew was along with us for part of the day on Saturday. There are even a few quick shots of my light blue coupe in the segment. Here it is: Mike McKeel