American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

Pick Up Truck Exhibit - America On Wheels

It has been a bit since I posted here, but then I have not been on the American Road much lately except for a trip to New Mexico this past fall. I am having my morning coffee in my Midpoint Café mug this morning that I picked up on that trip while eating in Adrian, Texas.

But I thought some of you might be interested in the newest exhibit at America On Wheels in Allentown PA. We are showing "Gettin' the Job Done - The Evolution of the Pickup Truck". There are some pretty cool vehicles in this show including two Hudsons for Alex, a Corvair Rampside, a Studebaker Champ, a Diamond T, a REO, and even a Mack. The displays keep evolving as well as more details keep appearing in the Restoration Education Center too thanks to contributions from Keith Flickinger and Nicoli Bulgari. You can see some recent photos of some of the changes in my Flickr album.