American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

100 Years Of Chevrolet

Dave Reese

America on Wheels in Allentown currently is opening our new exhibit featuring many firsts from Chevrolet's 100 years in business. We are awaiting the 1911 Little in a few weeks, but we have a 1967 Indy Pace Car Camaro, a 1953 Corvette, 1 1918 V-8, a 1962 Chevy II with less than 1500 original miles, and a 1955 Nomad among many others. You can see some of my photos of the show on Flickr, as well as a

I made to promote the Slot Car Weekend I am running at the museum on July 16 & 17. It is fun to be able to combine two hobbies into one and share them with the community.

The Chevy show will run through March, so stop in at 5 North Front Street, Allentown PA if you get a chance...and let me know if you are coming so I can try to join you for a personal tour...

America on Wheels in Allentown currently is opening our new exhibit featuring many firsts from Chevrolet's 100 years in business. We are awaiting the 1911 Little in a few weeks, but we have a 1967 Indy Pace Car Camaro, a 1953 Corvette, 1 1918 V-8, a 1962 Chevy II with less than 1500 original miles, and a 1955 Nomad among many others. You can see some of my photos of the show on Flickr, as well as a

I made to promote the Slot Car Weekend I am running at the museum on July 16 & 17. It is fun to be able to combine two hobbies into one and share them with the community.

The Chevy show will run through March, so stop in at 5 North Front Street, Allentown PA if you get a chance...and let me know if you are coming so I can try to join you for a personal tour...

Dave,

Those are terrific pictures! Is the '52 Bel-Aire color original? I can't recall that tone. In any event, it is a beauty! (BTW, I'm campaigning ;) for two tone paint jobs on new cars...and you have several vintage examples in the collection.)

I looked twice at the tires on the red Corvette. They must be vintage! They look like the old nylon or fiberglass models we used to sell when I worked in a service station in the late 50's and early 60's.

Love to see this stuff!

Dave

Keep the Show on the Road!

Dave,

Those are terrific pictures! Is the '52 Bel-Aire color original? I can't recall that tone. In any event, it is a beauty! (BTW, I'm campaigning ;) for two tone paint jobs on new cars...and you have several vintage examples in the collection.)

I looked twice at the tires on the red Corvette. They must be vintage! They look like the old nylon or fiberglass models we used to sell when I worked in a service station in the late 50's and early 60's.

Love to see this stuff!

Dave

Keep the Show on the Road!

Dave,

The color looks similar to the Bittersweet that is listed as a Chevrolet Color for 1952, but the museum car looks a bit lighter/brighter.I do not know how accurate the website is either, but this is a really fun show. I will need to check out the tires with a closer inspection this week...

Take care Buddy,