American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

Our First T@b Camping Trip...

Jennifer

This past weekend was the first we spent really camping in our T@B trailer (the driveway doesn't count!). Read all about it here: T@B Camping Trip at Summit Lake State Park

This past weekend was the first we spent really camping in our T@B trailer (the driveway doesn't count!). Read all about it here: T@B Camping Trip at Summit Lake State Park

Jennifer,

Sounds like a fun weekend and some new friends. Great pics!

Let's see...a new trailer......, then a new truck to pull it....., and vacations right and left....the recession must be over! :D

Dave

Keep the Show on the Road!

Hi Dave,

The trailer is new, but the truck is old (looks great, though!)...depending upon the location, campground fees aren't too excessive. It all balances out.

I'm not sure about the trips left and right part! LOL Actually, Pat and I have not taken many week long vacations in a while. Most of our trips are quick weekends or long weekends. The reason is that probably around 2003 or 2004, for at least one week every year I decided to go back to Connecticut and stay at my grandmother's house. I thought it was best to do that, not knowing at any time how much longer she'd be with us. She passed away on Christmas day this past year (2008).

This year, I have been very busy at work, and have had little opportunities for time off; so again, back to the long weekend trips for us. Since getting the trailer a month ago, this past weekend was our first chance, again, we have been too busy.

We are sneaking in another trip this weekend before it gets too cold. I hope next year that will change and we can camp local most weekends, and take a long trip or two. I will have loads of time off next year, and hope to take full advantage of it!!

I do like to help boost the economy whenever I can, though!

Jennifer,

Sounds like a fun weekend and some new friends. Great pics!

Let's see...a new trailer......, then a new truck to pull it....., and vacations right and left....the recession must be over! :D

Dave

Keep the Show on the Road!