American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

People & Memories! Your Hs Cars?

knightfan26917

Do you agree!?
WednesdayWakeup_01182017_myCapriceClassi
Read more about this here:
What vehicles were in your life when you graduated HS!?
FridayFlashback_01202017_QuantumLeap_112
Read more about this photo here:
Have you seen anything like this!?
AtTheHeart_01182017_WagonWednesday_Chris
Cort ;) www.oldcarsstronghearts.com
pig&cowValves.paceMaker * 1979 CC to 2003 MGM + 81mc
"Something's haunting you" | Marty Robbins | 'Some Memories Just Won't Die'

Funny, if you asked that question of my generation, for many of us the answer would be “none,” and BTW all those having a car were boys. I think I could count on the fingers of two hands all the students at my large high school who had cars.

I do know there was no parking lot for anyone other than the faculty and staff. It wasn’t needed for student cars. We could easily park on the street outside the school, with no problem finding a space.

I had a 1951 Chevrolet but it wasn’t “vintage” when I owned it!! It had three on the tree, a suicide knob, a flocked dashboard, and of course spinners…..with blue well lights. Bet you didn’t have those goodies on your cars in high school! :)

Dave

Keep the Show on the Road!

LOL!!!! No, I can't say I had any of those goodies ... ever.... ;) But, I'm curious ... perhaps I know what these are just not the terminology you used? ... what is a "suicide knob" & a "flocked dashboard"....? (Yes, I know what "spinners" are ... LOL!)

Your comments about your generation ... times sure have changed. Most high schoolers I know have their own car [either thanks to a job they have or a generous "donation-gift" from their parent(s)]. When I went to school, a car was a luxury. I never had 1 of my own, & it wasn't until the 2nd semester of my senior year that my parents allowed me to occasionally take the family car to school. I thought I was "top dog" then ... heh.

As for the parking lot ......... holy cow! At our school, the neighborhoods & city council had to BAN parking on the streets because of the overflow from the student parking lot ... & that has only gotten worse. They finally "got smart" & turned 1 of the beautifully landscaped lawns into a parking lot for students ... but that even has since been turned into half student-half faculty parking.

Cort, www.oldcarsstronghearts.com

pig&cowValves.paceMaker * 1979 CC to 2003 MGM + 81mc
"& suddenly we're all grown up" | Alabama | 'Cheap Seats'