American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

Thanks For Allowing Me Into Your World

Guest GraceInTransit

Guest GraceInTransit

So I've been in conversation with Becky over the last few days and she informs me (unless I wasn't suppose to say) that the forum and site are going through some over hauls.. But my time here, I've realized that you do not have an option as to allow members to create "groups" based on common interested etc. Therefor and I would suspect that this could be add now or when the new software is introduced.

Also, I've suggested a few more categorized be added to the forum in order to allows users a better more interactive environment and encourage user participation. Let's suppose the longer I remain the more ideas I may suggest.. and only if Becky can stand having me here.

Guest GraceInTransit

Although Becky and I have been chatting via email and she's just so happen to take leave for a few weeks, I'm still thinking and rethinking our options. As of this morning..I suggested to here (again via email) that American Road Magazine create another magazine based on our type of driving habits as well as the type of vehicle we've selected.

Thus ending up with.. Micro Excursionist Magazine.

The idea is that, there are those of us who do not have big vans or cars.. nor do we want big RV's keeping it plan and simple is the key. Taking only what we can carry on our backs and sleeping in our cars/trucks or vans when necessary. However, due to new state laws, some of us will not longer be able to just sleep in our car/truck/vans anywhere we chose. The objective is to reserve camping sites in advance if at all possible. But one may find up in a hotel also.

At this point and if my suggestion of a new topic magazine etc is acceptable.. we'll start searching for others who have these type of vehicles.. small cars/trucks/vans without too many add-ons or conversation. The idea is to use what one has, travel light and buy items along the way if necessary.. the minimalistic approach.

Currently we're on several social networks searching for the right person to blog with. Not all participate who have submitted their vehicles for approval will be accepted. I will personally over see the acceptance of those who may or may not qualify to be a blogger with our network. In other words, the other day we had a request from another traveler to tag along.. the issue was.. he turned is small car into a traveling RV.. with a large camper added onto the back.. this type of vehicle is not accepted within our community. So be mindful of what you're submitting before you actually submit an article of your travels to us.

Thank you.

• 6 years later...

Oh my goodness, for some reason, I just now saw this. Probably because I was pregnant at the time of this message. Then had a baby, make that two, then a pandemic hit. :-0

If this is still of interest, we can certainly create some other sections in the forum to foster micro-excursionist discussion. Feel free to message me directly if there's a specific request for the Forum. I am having trouble keeping up with everyone (especially the kids!)