American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

Useful Highway Tool

roadmaven

As a big fan of Wikipedia, I discovered it's a really good resource for finding info on US highways. Just about every US route is covered, some have a lot of detail, including maps, terminus info, etc, while other routes listed are sparse of details. Here's a "for instance": http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/US_52

Really simple to use for this purpose....just type in the search box "US" and your favorite highway number.

• 2 weeks later...
As a big fan of Wikipedia, I discovered it's a really good resource for finding info on US highways. Just about every US route is covered, some have a lot of detail, including maps, terminus info, etc, while other routes listed are sparse of details. Here's a "for instance": http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/US_52

Really simple to use for this purpose....just type in the search box "US" and your favorite highway number.

Wow! Thanks for the tip! I just used Wikipedia to tell me the complete route of the Lee Highway. I notice it also gives info on US highways that never got past the planning stage, US 37 for instance. Hmmmm. That one ended in Chattanooga:) Maybe a good idea for a road trip some day:)

Thanks,

I just printed out 14 pages on Albuquerque as we head out there this week. We will be visiting our son who has recently been stationed there with the Air Force and plan a few day trips besides Sante Fe and the Unser Museum trips that have been on the board for a while. Thanks for all the input I received earlier on this.

• 4 months later...