American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

Rss Feed Not Updating

wanderlustjake

I have the forum RSS feed as an item on my MyYahoo! page and, while I've seen that sort of problem there on occasion, it's pretty rare and never long lasting. I'm certainly not seeing the problem now. I subscribe to the blog RSS feed directly (through MS Outlook) and don't recall ever seeing a similar problem with it. Curiously, the most recent items in each category, Foster Braun's second blog entry and this forum topic, have yet to appear in their respective feeds. I suppose that could be just a matter of timing.

Hi Jason, Hi Denny,

I'm forwarding the description of this issue to our webmaster. We'll likely have to talk w/ Invision Power Board about this issue to attempt to resolve it. We'll get to work on it. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Best,

Becky

I meant to say that I am NOT seeing the same continuous problem that Jason is reporting even though I do see the same symptom briefly now and then. I also meant to say that this is no different than what I see from other feeds on occasion but see I forgot that part. This may mean that Jason has some sort of problem on his end and that you should work with him to resolve it before contacting IPB.

Regarding the feed content, Cort posted four new topics overnight and all appeared in the feed. That means that the only missing items are this topic itself and a blog entry from Foster. In other words, it seems to have been a hiccup and not a broken feed.

After Denny clarified he wasn't having the same problem, I went back and re-subscribed to the feed. It actually worked this time (it didn't on prior attempts). I even was able to add the blog feed. Thank you to all. I'm back on the road again!

Hi,

Excellent news! Thanks to Denny for helping clarify the issue.

Here's to happy and safe road and cyber travels!

Becky