American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

Black Hills Photo Shootout

ChadSDPhoto

Just wanted to let everyone know about a new photography festival happening in South Dakota this fall.

The Black Hills Photo Shootout will be Sept. 17-19, 2010. We have lots of fun workshops, seminars and photo walks planned. Probably most interesting to American Road readers will be sessions at two different ghost towns and at the Boondocks 1950's theme park. Also included will be landscape, wildlife and Photoshop sessions.

You can check out the ever-expanding details at www.blackhillsphotoshootout.com or become a Facebook fan.

Hope to see you there!

post-4332-126874733538_thumb.jpg

Just wanted to let everyone know about a new photography festival happening in South Dakota this fall.

The Black Hills Photo Shootout will be Sept. 17-19, 2010. We have lots of fun workshops, seminars and photo walks planned. Probably most interesting to American Road readers will be sessions at two different ghost towns and at the Boondocks 1950's theme park. Also included will be landscape, wildlife and Photoshop sessions.

You can check out the ever-expanding details at www.blackhillsphotoshootout.com or become a Facebook fan.

Hope to see you there!

Chad,

Great idea, location, and sessions!

May I make a humble suggestion? Guys like you and Lepp can intimidate beginning and even intermediate photographers, and not all of us aspire to multi or long lens SLR fame. So I might suggest adding what I call "fun photography" sessions.

Anyone can do 3D, panoramas, 360, and HDR images that will please and amaze them and friends more than most "good" photos. And they can do them with any cheap digital camera using free or very cheap software. You have spectacular locations for it, and it might add to the audience. Of course its not "art," but who's to say!

As I say, my advice is worth every cent you pay for it! :lol:

Keep the Show on the Road!

Dave

May I make a humble suggestion? Guys like you and Lepp can intimidate beginning and even intermediate photographers, and not all of us aspire to multi or long lens SLR fame. So I might suggest adding what I call "fun photography" sessions.

Anyone can do 3D, panoramas, 360, and HDR images that will please and amaze them and friends more than most "good" photos. And they can do them with any cheap digital camera using free or very cheap software. You have spectacular locations for it, and it might add to the audience. Of course its not "art," but who's to say!

Thanks Dave. Glad to have input from all angles. I don't think you need to be intimidated by me, but I am by Mr. Lepp. He seems like a real down-to-earth kind of guy, though and I think he's going to be a great part of the weekend.

The sessions I will be leading and several others during the Black Hills Photo Shootout will be really low key "photo walks" more on the fun level instead of the heavy instructional level. I'm sure we will touch on most of the techniques you mentioned somewhere throughout the event. We are hoping that the Shootout appeals to photographers of all skill levels so no one is intimidated and everyone goes home with some new ideas to play with.

Chad