American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

Us 222

Dave Reese

If you have never been to this annual event, it is running through this weekend at the Kutztown Fairgrounds adjacent to Kutztown University in Kutztown PA. This is a celebration of the Pennsylvania German Culture, popularly known as the Pennsylvania Dutch. There are crafts demonstrations, the Quilt auction, many items for sale, and lots of food. It is a fun trip for a family. We drove there from Allentown on Monday, and I have posted a slideshow of some of the sights. Next year the festival dates start with the July 4th weekend. You can see more about the festival at their website: http://www.kutztownfestival.com/

Great photos! However, the antique tractor photo made me feel old. My grandfather used to take us for tractor rides (learned how to drive on a tractor at 10 years of age) and the tractor looked just like that!

Thanks for sharing.