American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

Us99 On Google Earth - And For The Rebel Within

I know, I know, you just can’t get enough of old US99. OK, here is another dose of roadie goodies.

Click HERE to view the photos. When you get to Panoramio, you may view them individually, "on the map," or "in Google Earth," (if you have it installed).

This installment includes the Giant Orange stand near Williams, the place buses go to die, the California Theater, the Orland Arch, the Confederate Daughters dedication of US99 to Jefferson Davis, the border crossing into the State of Jefferson, and other wonders almost too numerous to mention. :huh:B):rolleyes:

Dave

Keep the Show on the Road

PS. I guess I should add a little about the State of Jefferson, which I think I could describe today as a State of Mind. What I know of the movement goes back to just before WWII when some fairly serious folks wanted to form a new state out of the northern area of California and southern Oregon. The PBS station here is Jefferson Public Radio, and so far as I know, there are no other Scenic Byways that proclaim they are in a 51st state. Others with more knowledge should fill out the picture.