American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

More 1967 Harrah's Auto Collection - Dodge, Hupmobile, Packard

There was some interest in the prior shots from my 1967 visit to the Harrah’s Auto Collection in Reno, so here are a few more images, including a Dodge that may please a couple of the gang here.

I’ll scan a few more if there is interest.

An image comment.....all these shots were taken 40 years ago with a two bit camera and lousy lighting. Some are very dark when you look at them. Using my old trusty Epson 2400 Photo scanner I scanned each two or three times at different “exposures’ then combined them using a process that produces an image that captures both highlight and shadow (an HDR - High Density Range image).

I mention this because it may be a way to “save” otherwise useless film images of Grandma and Chester, and the old auto buggy. The software is available in Photoshop ($600 +) in Photomatix ($99) or for free from Qtpfsgui Sourceforge (small donation if you like). I use Photomatix and highly recommend it...but the others work well also.

For the image geek, it is also a way to coax all the image detail out of any transparent image (and even helps prints). Automatic multiple exposures is now built into some higher end scanners....

If anyone wants more info, let me know.

Keep the Show on the Road!

Dave

ARDodge.jpg

ARHupmobile.jpg

ARUnknown3.jpg

ARPackard.jpg