American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

Interstate Trivia on NTN

RoadDog

This Friday, NTN/Buzztime will be having a topix game at 7 PM Central Time on the interstates. Now, I know we're not supposed to be overly fond of those creatures, but we've all taken them, especially before we found out.

If you're not familiar with NTN, it is like Who Wants to be a Millionaire. There will be 15 questions in groups of three. The faster you answer, the more points you will be getting. You are not only playing those people in the bar, but about 9000 others playing at 3000 places across the US and Canada. Even better, it's free.

You can find a site near you by going to the website.

I'll let you know how I did. Hopefully some of the rest of you will also be able to play and we'll compare notes.

I have heard that one Wednesday, during their Passport game where there is a hour's worth of questions on a travel destination, that they did it on Route 66. I really would have liked to play that one.

My wife and I always stop and play at NTN sites while travelling those old roads.

Keep on Down that Two Lane Highway. --RoadDog

Ah ha! Another person who not only wastes time on the internet but also whiles it away in noisy unsavory taverns by punching buttons in response to meaningless questions. I am so there! Even though I'm hardly an interstate expert I will commit to posting my score here. Assuming, that is, you will, too.

I guess there is no way to have someone transcribe the questions and the multiple choice answers to post so we could also take the quiz without the countdown clues of NTN (sorry about the run on stream of consciousness sentence).I never bother to get the console at the local locations, I just play along or help friends who are competing. Good luck to our participants on the Interstate Quiz...

Edited by brooklandsspeedway

Know thy enemy --- but just barely.

There were three rounds of five questions each and untallied rounds of 23/12 ounces each. The questions were on the interstate system. The ounces were of Amber Bock. I barely reached my "don't be embarrassed" goal of five digits on the questions: 10096. Details on the Amber Bock score will not be published.

Know thy enemy --- but just barely.

There were three rounds of five questions each and untallied rounds of 23/12 ounces each. The questions were on the interstate system. The ounces were of Amber Bock. I barely reached my "don't be embarrassed" goal of five digits on the questions: 10096. Details on the Amber Bock score will not be published.

I played it and was embarrassed at how much I didn't know. I ended up with about 9300 out of 15,000. Those were some hard questions. I think some of those other scores in the top twenty might have been that high because they had already seen the questions. The only easy question was the president who got it going.

I also got the last one about where I-40 and I-25 cross. Of the five cities listed, only Albuquerque was on I-40. I haven't been there yet, but know that 40 runs along side US66 through there. That's getting an answer the roundabout way.

I recorded the questions and answers on a dictaphone and if I can hear it (it was loud at Hello Folks in Fox Lake, Illinois), I'll write down the questions and answers so others can take it.

I had more than a few ouncers myself, both there and out boating earlier in the day.

I played it and was embarrassed at how much I didn't know. I ended up with about 9300 out of 15,000. Those were some hard questions. I think some of those other scores in the top twenty might have been that high because they had already seen the questions. The only easy question was the president who got it going.

I also got the last one about where I-40 and I-25 cross. Of the five cities listed, only Albuquerque was on I-40. I haven't been there yet, but know that 40 runs along side US66 through there. That's getting an answer the roundabout way.

I recorded the questions and answers on a dictaphone and if I can hear it (it was loud at Hello Folks in Fox Lake, Illinois), I'll write down the questions and answers so others can take it.

I had more than a few ouncers myself, both there and out boating earlier in the day.

I also like playing NTN trivia, and there is no shortage of places to play it here in the Appleton, WI area, but since I had to work friday evening I could not play this round. I know enough about the I-system to have likely scored over 13K points, perhaps even a perfect game. Oh well....

:rolleyes:

I'd love to see the questions, too.

Mike