American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

Help Make The Ultimate Road Trip Playlist

American Road magazine wants your help! We want to put together the ultimate road trip playlist!
What are the “must have” songs for your road trip? Feel free say why too.

We can start it off with: “I’ve Been Everywhere” - by Johnny Cash
This gets a vote from us because of all the places named in the song! The upbeat tune is great for driving too!

"Road to Nowhere" by Talking Heads

"Once in a Lifetime" by Talking Heads (with the line "Well, where does that highway go to?"

I'll see what others I can think of.

• Like 1

That's 2 we had'nt thought of! Thanks and please add more!

Some of the music I listen to is synthwave style, similar to 1980's synthesized music. An interesting piece, "Motorcycle Cop" by Power Glove. My husband thought it reminded him of traveling through downtown Los Angeles on the Harbor Freeway (State 110) on a motorcycle at night. It is certainly good night traveling music.

• Like 1

Well you are giving us a good education on music! Your description of night traveling music is very intriguing—the "Motorcycle Cop" by Power Glove is something we need to look up and listen to. Thanks!

"Middle of the Road" by The Pretenders is another one. Call it misheard lyrics, but part of it says "Gotta get up 33 baby"... I think it actually says "Gotta get up really early" or something. Thing is, I was in Taft, California heading up State 33 at the time. So, another song that is a good road song.