American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

Name Your Car, Old Photos, Steel Diner

knightfan26917

Did you know Sunday, 10/02/2016, was Name Your Car day? Meet my current 2: 1979 Caprice Classic sedan (winter warrior) & 1981 MC coupe (Sweet Tea)! May replace the Caprice with a 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis soon; will have pics (& a name, perhaps) if the deal happens.
If you name your vehicles, what did you choose?
I LOVE old family photographs, especially when vehicles are involved! This history-filled image includes a 1964 Ford, a 1972 Plymouth & the town that houses the National Motorcycle Museum:
Speaking of old photographs: anyone at the 1985 Rod Run in Pigeon Forge TN? This is a pic a friend took during the huge event:
A cousin & his wife found this old newspaper clipping, complete with what appears to be a Cadillac limo, in a house they are having extensive remodeling done! Have you ever found anything similarly surprising while renovating?
In 2010, during my road trip, I met a friend & ate at the longest steel diner in the United States:
Cort, www.oldcarsstronghearts.com
pig&cowValves.paceMaker * 1979 Caprice to MGM + 81mc
"1 of those never forget it, better stop & take it in kinda scenes" | Cole Swindell | 'You Should Be Here'

• 2 weeks later...

I named my blue 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 500R "Leonardo". My bicycle is named "Lassen", the previous one was "Shasta".

• Like 1