American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

Official Intro ... 1989 Caprice Classic Brougham

knightfan26917

"My world is changing" __ Faith Hill __ 'Where Are You Christmas?'

If it wasn't completely official yet, it became so 12/12/2012, when I put the license plates on it:

89CC_licenseplates_on2.jpg

WELCOME to the family, 1989 Caprice Classic Brougham!

The same day, I put the keys for both of my Caprice Classics on the "'Caprice' w/CC emblem" key rings that a friend sent me. Now, I just need to give my 1989 Caprice Classic its 1st detail.... As I put on the plates, I was excited but still had a twinge of sadness, which probably will never completely go away.

This 1989 Caprice Classic just sort of fell into my lap. A friend & I went to look at it, figuring it would be nothing more than an exercise in determining what I would NOT want in an '89 CC. In fact, it was just the opposite. Looking it over, it became clear that it was in top mechanical shape with a few cosmetic issues ... & the price was good. The seller actually lowered it for me b/c he wanted me to have it given my "car history". Brought it home, with the help of the same friend, 10/26/2012.

1979 Caprice Classic & 1989 Caprice Classic plates; which season do you prefer?

89CC_79CC_whichSeason.jpg

I was able to make a bit more "connection" w/my newest acquisition b/c I found some original documentation in the 1989 Caprice Classic's glove compartment. The ones pictured (not including documentation w/names & addresses) are: "A service signals checklist for the car owner"; "GM Maintenance Schedule for Passenger Cars"; "1989 Warranty & Owners Assistance Information"; 1989 Caprice owners manual; "Used Vehicle Disclosure Label" (from 1993); "Vehicle Invoice" (1993); "Dealer Certification for Emission Control Equipment" (06/09/1989); Pre-Delivery inspection papers (1989); Burtness Chevrolet Inc (WI) "maintenance folio"....

89CC_14.jpg

This was taken just after the new wire wheels were installed:

89CC_16.jpg

3 of the entire family:

11162012_Family_01.jpg

11172012_Family_01.jpg

11172012_Family_03.jpg

Cort | 39.m.IL | pigValve + paceMaker + cowValve | 2 MCs + '79 & '89 Caprice Classics

CHD.cars + RoadTrips.hobbies.RadioShows.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

* roadsNwheels + CapriceClassicForum = http://rdwhl-capriceclassic.proboards.com/ *

"It's the right time to rock the night away" __ Bobby Helms __ 'Jingle Bell Rock'