American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

Slot Car Weekend At America On Wheels Musuem

Dave Reese

Well, I am finally the coordinator and creator of an event at America On Wheels museum in Allentown PA. This weekend we will be holding our first ever slot car race when East Coast HO Road Racing brings one of their tracks to the museum for a sanctioned HO race on Saturday. Also on Saturday Carerra USA will be bringing one of their digital 1/32 tracks to the museum to allow patrons to try it out on Saturday. On Sunday, the ECHORR track will be available for patrons to try the hand at running an HO car on a quality track. On both days we will have vendors from multiple states selling slot car sets, tracks, cars, and parts in several scales, and my display case of slot cars will be there as normal too.

One of the racers who will be participating on Saturday is Henry Harnish who won the first Aurora/Ford Nationals on the Today show at age 15. Admission to the slot car show includes admission to the museum, and our changing collection of transportation. Our current show is 100 Years of Chevrolet that includes a 1918 V-18, a 1953 Corvette, a 1955 Nomad, and 1967 Camaro Indianapolis Pace Car, plus much more. You can see some of the museum and get an idea of what a slot car show includes by watching

I hope to see some of you at America On Wheels this weekend.