American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!
rudkipon66

21st Annual Route 66 Association Of Missouri Motor Tour

The weekend of September 10-13, the Route 66 Association of Missouri held its 21st Annual Motor Tour, where it "Cruised Into the Next Decade" by stopping at a few old friends but several new ones on the Mother Road between Gray Summit and Joplin, MO. Visit the link below to see the highlights:

http://www.kodakgallery.com/gallery/sharing/shareRedirectSwitchBoard.jsp?token=262130070311%3A38721490&sourceId=533754321803&cm_mmc=eMail-_-Share-_-Photos-_-Sharer

Great ride!!!!! Love the slideshow format - almost like riding along in the back seat!!!!! :D It is a little sad, tho. My daughter and I took 66 from Carthage to Springfield on our Father-Daughter trip back in 2002, and I couldn't find anything I recognized; I've read a lot of Route 66 trip reports here on American Road and enjoyed the pictures. But I've searched in vain for something I could recognize from my trip on 66 back in 1953. It's all changed way to much and the old memory isn't all that great any more. I have the same problem with U S 40 thru Wheeling into Ohio to the Dayton area - but those trips, with the folks to visit friends and relatives, were even further back in the late 40's/early 50's.

It's changed so much. :(

Hudsonly,

Alex Burr

Memphis, TN

Nice report. It certainly looks like you had fun and the group photo shows there was a good turnout. There were a few things, such as the vacuum museum, that I didn't know about and have not yet seen. d never seen. Any word on when/if rooms will be available at the Sunset?