American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!
WisHxGeek

The Best Burger- Ever

I can not go near Madison, WI without stopping at The Plaza Tavern in downtown (just off of State Street). Plaza Burgers are a classic with fried onions and a sauce much like a gyro sauce. My sister introduced the family to them more than 20 years ago and all of us still crave Plaza sauce and must make pilgrimages as often as possible to satisfy cravings.

The Plaza's customer's are a great mix of college students, alumni and legislators. They even serve 1/2 pitchers of beer.

Definately the best burger- ever! http://www.theplazatavern.com/

What is the one burger that you have cravings for?

There was this place in San Antonio, TX, my ex-brother-in law took me to that had the best cheeseburger I ever had. But I can't remember its name or where it's located! Endless frustration on those occasions I've been back through that town.

I have to go with the "Best of Ohio" title holder, the Tankburger from Tank's Bar & Grill in Dayton. The gallery of this very forum holds the photo of a fine specimen of the Tankburger taken just before it vanished.

My favorite burger hands down is the cheeseburger that can be found at Helen's Corral Drive-In in Yellowstone's northern gateway town of Gardiner, Montana. They're huge, juicy and - um - did I mention huge?

Joel

My favorite burger hands down is the cheeseburger that can be found at Helen's Corral Drive-In in Yellowstone's northern gateway town of Gardiner, Montana. They're huge, juicy and - um - did I mention huge?

Joel

Joel,

Welcome to this hungry crew!

Dave

Keep the Show on the Road!