American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

Indiana State Road 236

I had little to do on this cold, post snowy Sunday. Well, check that, I had plenty to do here in the house, but there wasn't any of it I actually "wanted" to do. :rolleyes: I had a geocache to replace out in North Salem, so I decided to get that done today and do a "coast to coast" trip on the entire length...all 41 miles...of Indiana State Road 236. It was a chilly day, as it was in the upper teens/low 20's all day after a 2" snowfall Saturday throughout most of the state.

Mobilene thinks that it doesn't get any more obscure than IN-42. Well, I think I trumped him on 236! :lol: Details of this journey can be found here, and the rest of the photo shoot can be found here.

I had little to do on this cold, post snowy Sunday. Well, check that, I had plenty to do here in the house, but there wasn't any of it I actually "wanted" to do. :rolleyes: I had a geocache to replace out in North Salem, so I decided to get that done today and do a "coast to coast" trip on the entire length...all 41 miles...of Indiana State Road 236. It was a chilly day, as it was in the upper teens/low 20's all day after a 2" snowfall Saturday throughout most of the state.

Mobilene thinks that it doesn't get any more obscure than IN-42. Well, I think I trumped him on 236! :lol: Details of this journey can be found here, and the rest of the photo shoot can be found here.

Neat road trip report. Shows you don't have to travel across a bunch of states (no slam intended Denny - love your "multi-state" reports as well :D ) to produce an interesting road report. I've done a couple of those here out of Memphis and one of these days I've got to post them on my web site.

Hudsonly,

Alex Burr

Memphis, TN

Thanks for the replies, gents! I figure if it's a looooong winter like it was last winter, I'll be doing a lot more of these to keep my sanity. There are plenty of roads in this state that have a story to tell, so I'll do what I can.....along with Jim.....to get these dudes up on search engines.

Jim -- State Road 134!!! Wow, that thing's practically in my own backyard and I forgot all about it! Of course when the road's not longer than 1/2 mile, it's bound to be forgotten. Delorme shows it going from US 136 all the way down to US 40. Not sure if that's how far it went, but I know today it doesn't even reach 21st Street.

Thanks for the replies, gents! I figure if it's a looooong winter like it was last winter, I'll be doing a lot more of these to keep my sanity. There are plenty of roads in this state that have a story to tell, so I'll do what I can.....along with Jim.....to get these dudes up on search engines.

Obscure IN two laners - potential spring cruise?.....Bliss

Jim -- State Road 134!!! Wow, that thing's practically in my own backyard and I forgot all about it! Of course when the road's not longer than 1/2 mile, it's bound to be forgotten.

I guess I'm a little late. I was actually planning to out-obscure you both by doing State Road 134, but here you go and raise it out of obscurity before I could.

Oh well,

Chris