American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

Don't Forget The Calendar.

DennyG

Not long ago I posted some information about an upcoming road rally at the National Road museum. About the same time, Dave Reese posted news about some upcoming events at America on Wheels and Alex was on our heels with something about a birthday party for some kind of old car :rolleyes: . When I did my post here, I also submitted the event to the American Road Magazine calendar and, when I saw Dave & Alex's posts, I figured they might belong there, too. The thought returned to me (Yeah, it was lost for awhile.) when I learned that the calendar is one of the most popular pages on the site. At the same time, we learned of the many things the magazine does to promote the forum and here's something that might work the other way around. Forum members are often aware of events in their areas that are unknown to everybody else. And I'm thinking areas of interest as well as geographic areas.

There's no room for junk or conjecture but if you have firm details and contact information on a road related event, why not submit it to the calendar? Everybody benefits from a complete calendar. The events might get more attendees, readers might avoid missing something, and visits (via search engines) might increase. There are a couple of links to the calendar from the American Road Magazine home page (and there's even one here) and a "SUBMIT YOUR CALENDAR EVENTS HERE" link tops the calendar. Submissions are moderated and there's some work involved in adding them to the calendar so they won't appear immediately but they will show up before too long.

I did submit info, back somewhere near the end of 2007, on the 2008 Hudson car club National meet in Massachusetts last July - sent it to the Calandar address. Somehow it never made it in.

I just hadn't gotten around to submitting it for the 2009 National meet. Thanks for the nudge.

Hudsonly,

Alex Burr

Memphis, TN