American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

Happy Easter To All

This old road dog has moved south (west) to Memphis - no more Maine winters and tons of new highways to explore!!!!

Left Maine last Tuesday and arrived safely, more or less, in Memphis Friday noon - hauling a 6 x 12 Uhaul trailer makes for very slow traveling. Only real problem I had was a flat tire on the trailer, but road service had me up and on my way in short order. Weather coming out of New England was typical New England - cold, heavy rains and miserable traffic.

Trouble is the damn cold weather followed me down here - but at least we don't have the snow (12 inches in Portland, ME) here. It'll warm up soon. Been looking for a place to live - staying with my daughter at the moment. She fixed me up with a nice cozy room.

So here's wishing one and all a Happy Easter (yeah, yeah, I'm a little late) - and have a lot of safe road trips this coming summer season. Anybody finds themselves headed for west Tennessee and/or Memphis drop us an email at hester_nec@yahoo.com and we'll try to get together.

Happy Traveling,

Alex Burr :D

Glad that a flat tire was the worst that happened. Maybe this cold spell will help you adjust to the climate change. Next winter you may be running around town wondering where the snow is.

I have no idea when I'll be in the neighborhood but I'm pretty sure I will be at some point and I'll be sure to give a shout.