American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

2-Day Rt Info! Caprice-Mercury. Car Music?

knightfan26917

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! Anyone shop at local hometown establishments today, 11/26/2016, Small Business Saturday?
Thursday-Friday (11/17-18/2016) I drove to Okemos MI & had a great, yet somewhat weird, very mini road trip, the 1st of hopefully many full road trips, in my 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis. I wrote about those 2 days, & included some details, such as gas mileages, & 2 photos in this entry:
Now, I really want to road trip more again; cool & somewhat bittersweet to have those impulses back full force.
This 1974 Ford brochure cover makes me miss the days when individual models had their own emblems &/or nameplate style-design! Do you have a favorite unique emblem from vehicles of yesterday?
Finned Cadillac, a great cruising & listening to music vehicle! What do you think is the best vehicle for cruising & listening to music?
Perhaps it will be a little tougher than I thought to let go of the 1979 Caprice Classic, tho selling it is probably for the best; drove it for ~1.5 hours Friday & finished removing my stuff from it.
Comparing my CC & 03 MGM, the Mercury is physically larger, yet the Caprice drives-handles like a much bigger car.
Despite the silver color & the leather seats, I really do like my 03 MGM. BONUS: no MGM generation makes you wonder what Mercury was thinking; all years stay true to the heritage of the nameplate.
After owning the Mercury for ~1 month now, I recognize an importance in branching out & owning at least 1 from each of the Big 3 at some point in life, for experience & knowledge. Maybe someday I will get a late 1970s Chrysler Cordoba!?
Cort, www.oldcarsstronghearts.com
pig&cowValves.paceMaker * 1979 CC to 2003 MGM + 81mc
"Another dream that ended way too soon" | Restless Heart | 'The Bluest Eyes In Texas'

Received my license plates for my 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis! I did not get my 1st choice (PANTHR 3), but I got my 2nd choice, DLY DRV 3. At least now the plates make it official, right?
ALSO somewhat official: my boss has agreed to revisit the possibility of me working remotely, starting January 2017, which means I can ROAD TRIP about as much as I want & really live those impulses to drive & see people & places. I am developing potential plans (including time to drive, work, visit, maintain my website & other personal projects-goals) & hope to have a decision from him later this month! How cool would that be if it works even somewhat close to what I envision?
Cort, www.oldcarsstronghearts.com
pig&cowValves.paceMaker * 1979 CC to 2003 MGM + 81mc
"Maybe next year I'll give it to someone special" | WHAM! | 'Last Christmas'