American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!
Sign in to follow this  
knightfan26917

Finally Have A Pt Job! Ever Seen Scale Rt 66 Plates?

I have a love-hate relationship with these type of images.
Love seeing the developed art forms, but hate seeing vehicles wasting away:
&
An interesting 2-tone Dodge.
Not exactly my cup of tea, but I like the color scheme & it certainly stands out in a crowd:
A friend of mine built this 1986 Monte Carlo SS & included scale Illinois Route 66 license plates on it.
Of course, the plates are my favorite aspect of the model:
Last but not least & a long time coming, my life is about to travel a new road:
Cort :) www.oldcarsstronghearts.com
pigValve, paceMaker, cowValve | 1979 Caprice Classic (awaiting new owner)
"I shiver when I see the falling snow" __ Merle Haggard __ 'If We Make It Through December'

I this posted early Wednesday morning about the new job starting:
Days 1-2-3 went well. It was surreal enough to be back in the workforce I did not get much done this week; adjustment time has commenced! Given my cough & other things I want to do, glad this is part-time. Tho my pocket book may not like it, this is an excellent way to get back into a routine & not feel too completely drained. While I am starting to understand my tasks, I get a bit confused & flustered; I am anxious to get to the point when I understand what to do & how it fits into the big picture. All in due time, I know. Next week will be 5 straight days, 4 hours each. Hoping this cough & chest pain will be gone soon, too.
"Maybe next year I'll give it to someone special" __ WHAM! __ 'Last Christmas'

Glad you got good news. I lost my job back in 2007 and have not been able to get back to where I was financially. Though after 2 years I started a landscape maintenance business and snow. It has grown painfully slow. Though I have been able to hang on. I gave this little bio to say I know what you have been going through.

We just have to keep plugging on. Maybe someday I will afford my first coast to coast trip.

*nods* Thank you for sharing your story. In a not-so-good ironic way, it's nice to know I'm not alone. It is very frustrating to watch what you've built up & saved evaporate into the thin air, literally & figuratively ... & then to be "left behind" by so-called friends. *shrugs* Part of life, I know, but it still doesn't take the sting away. Very glad you have been able to hang on; I know how tough that is at times.

"He came to town on a cold dark night" __ Collin Raye __ 'What If Jesus Came Back Like That?'