American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

Winter, 2015 Events, Challenging Vintage Ads

knightfan26917

With spring weather now (including severe thunderstorm potential the next 24 hours or so here in Chicagoland), hopefully we’re saying good bye to winter 2014-2015 for good…
…& with that, to what spring-summer-fall events are you looking forward to saying hello in 2015?
None are on my list, at the moment, at least. I have a few I’d like to attend, but with no income, probably not going to happen.
BTW, do you remember any of these 4 ads that pose a challenge?
Cort :) www.oldcarsstronghearts.com
1979 & 1989 Caprice Classics | pigValve, paceMaker, cowValve
"Life is a runaway train you can't wait to jump on" __ Sugarland __ 'Already Gone'

It’s “Throwback Thursday”, right? Well, “back in the day”, I hosted gatherings, inviting people from various heart- & car-related boards & groups!
~65 people (from Illinois, Iowa, Wisconsin & the Cleveland OH area) attended the 1st “MidSummer Chitown Gathering”, 07/26/2008 (Saturday). Pics from an attendee…
…contrast that to the 3rd (& final) “MidSummer Chitown Gathering”, 07/24/2010 (Saturday). Only a fraction of the people (farthest away was from Auburn IL)…
Then, in 2012, I hosted a cruise night:
Cort :) www.oldcarsstronghearts.com
1979 & 1989 Caprice Classics | pigValve, paceMaker, cowValve
"I guess I should watch what I wish for" __ Theory Of A Deadman __ 'Nothing Could Come Between Us'
Edited by knightfan26917