American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

Don't Look Now, But...

As Ned might say to Phil on "Groundhog Day", "That first step's a doozy."

The Sears Tower will be opening balconies on the 103rd Floor Observaion Deck. You walk out on some special glass and look straight down. The view will be off to the west so you can see both alignments of Route 66 and Ogden.

There will be no extra charge, but they did raise the fee to the deck to $14.95. (And knowing the mayor, there's probably a tax on it.) That's up a buck.

You have until this summer to go to the Sears Tower. After that, it will become the Willis Tower.

Not much liklihood I'll go out on THAT!!!

I certainly won't be giving it a try - nor the one sticking out over the Grand Canyon. I have a problem with heights - just seeing the Sears Tower boxes on the news last night had me grabbing for something for support!!!!!!!! :D

Hudsonly,

Alex Burr

Memphis, TN

I certainly won't be giving it a try - nor the one sticking out over the Grand Canyon. I have a problem with heights - just seeing the Sears Tower boxes on the news last night had me grabbing for something for support!!!!!!!! :D

The last time I was on Pike's Peak it was pretty breezy, and I had trouble getting myself to walk towards the edge of the parking lot to take photos of my kid's standing with their backs to the edge before a bit of a drop. I wanted to just hang onto the building...probably why I rode the Cog Railway instead of driving up both times I went there.