American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

Has Anyone Seen This Yet?

Dave Reese

• 4 months later...
I would think this pretty much has to be a photo shop effort - and a lot of it. With two wheels and that seating position, any application of the brakes from speed would send you into a face plant!

I have heard from people who have seen this or similar items in operation. I understand that the top speed is not much beyond a walking speed. Gyroscopes keep it upright. It is not anywhere close to a practical form of transportation at the present time.

I have heard from people who have seen this or similar items in operation. I understand that the top speed is not much beyond a walking speed. Gyroscopes keep it upright. It is not anywhere close to a practical form of transportation at the present time.

From the Popular Science article about the motorized bike unicycle thingy

"The Uno’s two wheelchair motors should, theoretically, give it a top speed of 40 mph, but for safety’s sake, Gulak hasn’t taken it above 15 mph yet."