American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

Geocache And Treasure Hunt Prize Contest Announced

Geocacher

The American Road Geocache and Treasure Hunt Prize Contest is about to start. All you need to do to be the winner is correctly identify the location of the Hidden Treasure.

One of the American Road “gang” has hidden a treasure box at a popular site on one of America’s two lane roads. To win, all you need to do is tell us where it is, for example, Mt Rushmore.

There is at least one hint hidden in the American Road Store, so check there first.

Then you may post a question in this thread that can be answered “Yes” or “No.” Members' questions will be answered by the “Treasure Master” in “rounds”. You are permitted one question in each “round.”

The rounds will be about three days long, so check back to post your next question. The Treasure Master will post the answers to all the questions for each round so everyone benefits.

The first player to identify the location wins the Grand Prize….a personally autographed issue of American Road Magazine signed by Becky and Thomas Repp with their personal message to the winner, and a $10 Gift Certificate to buy goodies in the American Road Store.

After we have a winner we will give the exact coordinates of the treasure box and the one who sends in the treasure certificate in the box will also win a prize.

As you might expect, the decision of the Treasure Master is final.

If you have any questions about how the contest works, ask them now as the great American Road Treasure Hunt will begin Friday, July 25, 2008!

Treasure Master

Round Two has started. If you missed Round One, it is not too late to enter! Just go here and ask a question!

Edited by Geocacher

Geocacher,

First, a big welcome! We need more members that bring gifts!

You will certainly get some “play” among old roadies here! And If Becky and Thomas are willing to give away a free American Road with their “John Henrys” on it, I’m in for the game!

I do have one question…..How will we know when a round has ended and I can ask a new question?

Keep the Show on the Road!

Dave

Geocacher,

First, a big welcome! We need more members that bring gifts!

I do have one question…..How will we know when a round has ended and I can ask a new question?

Keep the Show on the Road!

Dave

Dave,

Thanks for the welcome, but the prizes are from American Road, not me!

Regarding your question, I will post a clear End of Round notice, and a clear Start of Round notice, so just scroll through the thread.

Thanks for your interest! The excitement is about to begin!

Treasure Master

Hi - you're correct, I'm not Geocacher.

:D

I thought you were at first, Becky. I forgot that the message wasn't part of the newsletter. :P I'm glad it didn't disqualify me from asking another question in Round 1.....LOL. Thanks for the clarification, Becky.

Round One has been completed.

Answers to this round's questions are posted in General Discussion here

Round Two has started in General Discussion here

Don't forget, you can play in round two even if you didn't play in round one Go for it! Click here

(Do you get the feeling I'm leading you to the next round?);)

Treasure Master