American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

Chat Room

hutchman

I just tried the chat room and was late to the party. I think that is a great idea, especially if schedules ahead of time for Sunday night....or what ever is good for everyone.

I also tried to post to the announcement, but must have hit the post button just at the moment it was taken down.......LOL. My timing remains unexplainable to a normal human! LOL

Again, the chat room is a great idea.........

Hi Hutch....sorry you missed us! Since it was short notice, it was a small crowd and wrapped up fairly early. I took the note down after it was over. Next time I'll try to give at least 30 minutes advance notice. ;)

Hi Hutch....sorry you missed us! Since it was short notice, it was a small crowd and wrapped up fairly early. I took the note down after it was over. Next time I'll try to give at least 30 minutes advance notice. ;)

Pat, can you pick a day and time in more advance?

Say, next Sunday, same Bat Time, same Bat channel?

But something tells me you will be away from home for the weekend ....

(Zoom Zoom)

Pat, can you pick a day and time in more advance?

Say, next Sunday, same Bat Time, same Bat channel?

But something tells me you will be away from home for the weekend ....

(Zoom Zoom)

Pat,

It looks like we are gitting more folks in the mood to use the chat system. I like the scheduled time, maybe Sunday evening about the same time. I'dl try to be there...or be square!

Keep the Show on the Road!

Dave

Hmmmm - people in the chat room last night?? Must have been asleep and missed the announcement that it was going to be open. :(

Hudsonly,

Alex Burr

Memphis, TN

It was a VERY short notice announcement. Basically, I was bored and put up a chat note basically for anyone who might've been online from about 7:45 til it ended after 9pm. I think we had all of four people show up....no loss!

It was a VERY short notice announcement. Basically, I was bored and put up a chat note basically for anyone who might've been online from about 7:45 til it ended after 9pm. I think we had all of four people show up....no loss!

What do you mean no loss?! They missed our pearls of wisdom! :D

Seriously, what about a regular time? It doesn't really require a moderator, although its good to have one.

Actually, everyone here should know that you can initiate a chat anytime you like. If Alex likes 4AM on Mondays, he can post a note saying he is in the chat room at 4AM "Memphis time" every Monday. Chats seem to take their own direction, unless you wish to announce a topic.

So I have a suggestion. If you want to chat, post that you will be in the chat room at a time and date specific (be sure to include the time zone with the time so we can adjust accordingly). It is that simple.

So who wants to start a chat?

Keep the Show on the Road!

Dave