American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

Peter Fonda Movie

eyerobic

Familiar pit stops for Fonda road flick

Movie scenes will be shot around Burlington County

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

BY JOYCE J. PERSICO

"Easy Rider" star Peter Fonda is keeping his motor running and getting out on the highway for a new movie filming locally this week.

But unlike his character in the iconic 1969 movie that made him a counterculture star, he won't be straddling a motorcycle or heading to New Orleans. Instead, the 68-year-old actor will be sitting behind the wheel of an RV and the roads will be in Burlington County when the cameras begin rolling.

The film is a road-trip drama with music called "The Perfect Age of Rock 'n' Roll" that follows a rock star (Kevin Zegers) with a failing career on a cross-country trip in an Airstream recreational vehicle from Long Island, N.Y., to Los Angeles. He makes the trip with a father-figure buddy (Fonda). Directed and written by Scott D. Rosenbaum, the movie is set in 1991, co-stars Jason Ritter (son of deceased "Three's Company" actor John Rit ter) and lists Spike Lee as executive producer.

http://tinyurl.com/58g2hz

Familiar pit stops for Fonda road flick

Movie scenes will be shot around Burlington County

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

BY JOYCE J. PERSICO

"Easy Rider" star Peter Fonda is keeping his motor running and getting out on the highway for a new movie filming locally this week.

But unlike his character in the iconic 1969 movie that made him a counterculture star, he won't be straddling a motorcycle or heading to New Orleans. Instead, the 68-year-old actor will be sitting behind the wheel of an RV and the roads will be in Burlington County when the cameras begin rolling.

The film is a road-trip drama with music called "The Perfect Age of Rock 'n' Roll" that follows a rock star (Kevin Zegers) with a failing career on a cross-country trip in an Airstream recreational vehicle from Long Island, N.Y., to Los Angeles. He makes the trip with a father-figure buddy (Fonda). Directed and written by Scott D. Rosenbaum, the movie is set in 1991, co-stars Jason Ritter (son of deceased "Three's Company" actor John Rit ter) and lists Spike Lee as executive producer.

http://tinyurl.com/58g2hz

Eyerobic,

Interesting! Thanks!

And since it is set in 1991, I guess he can afford the gas for the RV! :lol:

Keep the Show on the Road!

Dave

I think I may have seen this in process yesterday when I followed an Airstream RV down 7th Avenue. The article says the trip starts on Long Island and, even though there may be thousands of other reasons for driving an RV through Manhattan, I can't think of any. I mentioned my drive in the Lincoln Highway sub-forum (the LH is why I was there) but here's a link to the Airstream panel .

eyerobic: I had no concept of where you were but if that Exit 7 is from the NJ TP, I'm probably about 20 miles from you right now.

I think I may have seen this in process yesterday when I followed an Airstream RV down 7th Avenue. The article says the trip starts on Long Island and, even though there may be thousands of other reasons for driving an RV through Manhattan, I can't think of any. I mentioned my drive in the Lincoln Highway sub-forum (the LH is why I was there) but here's a link to the Airstream panel .

eyerobic: I had no concept of where you were but if that Exit 7 is from the NJ TP, I'm probably about 20 miles from you right now.

Got that right!

The article points out a "road scene" is being filmed on SR-68, which leads SE from Tpk Exit 7 and becomes the Fort Dix Access Road that takes you right onto the Army Base, (with proper credentials of course). I tend to call Exit 7-A home, (we live near the legendary Anthrax US Post Office). I only drive "The Great Wall of NJ" if I'm heading north out of the Trenton area. We will be experiencing the NJ-Tpk (I-95) this weekend with a trip up to Nantucket, for business.

Careful of the amateurs this Holiday weekend!

... Chris