American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

Upcoming Litchfield, Il Meet

Less than two weeks for the Route 66 Fest in Litchfield, Illinois! Weather permitting, we'll be there Friday through Sunday (6/20-6/22). But, if it looks like a washout, we'll probably spend our weekend in a drier climate, like we did last year. If Ma Nature wreaks her havoc again, we might head back north for some pasties, maybe head down to Gatlinburg, TN, maybe head up to Wisconsin Dells, maybe taken a 2nd day off work and head up to my childhood vacation spot of Park Rapids, MN, or just take a two lane somewhere and branch off onto other two lanes for the weekend.

Who all from here is making the trek? Arriving??

Who all from here is making the trek? Arriving??
I'll be there. I'm currently planning on heading over after work Wednesday night. As I've mentioned before, the Litchfield area is the closest Route 66 gets to my home and it's close enough to drive to without an overnight stop. If it works that way, I'll probably spend part of Thursday south of Litchfield (e.g., a Stag at the Luna) and head to Joliet early Friday to join the cruise from there. I never thought I'd pass up a chance to cross the Chain of Rocks bridge, but I'm thinking I've driven north of Litchfield less than to the south so will do something different.

maybe taken a 2nd day off work and head up to my childhood vacation spot of Park Rapids, MN

My, what a difference 3 days makes! After I wrote this note, I got to thinking about Park Rapids and how much fun I had there and how "at home" it always felt. Well, after some discussion with the co-pilot, we both realized we're getting "car showed out", so we made the decision to make a bonsai run to Minnesota. So, instead of infiltrating the 66 subforum with a MN trip, look for it in the General Discussion subforum!