American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

Pig Trail Byway Video. On The Hypotenuse Trail

Here is a little gift for those who love the road.

This is the Pig Trail Scenic Byway (state 28 in northwest Arkansas), best experienced 0n a motorcycle…but sweet in a car. A little road music, a few curves, and a great three minutes on two lanes.

You will enjoy it most in Vimeo full screen.

Pig Trail Scenic Byway http://www.vimeo.com/975125

(Drive carefully…the video makes it appear faster than it is. Consider that the curves were 10 MPH, so I really wasn’t doing 70! But it looks and sounds like it.)

Keep the Show on the Road!

Dave

Definitely not a road for the timid! jim

Jim,

Actually, it is a slow road, and some of the curves are really 10 MPH. The video just gives the speed illusion...but I think it is kind of neat....makes me seem to be a racer.

Keep the Show on the Road!

Dave

PS I see you have not opted in for the Hypotenuse goodies. No problem, but I wanted to give all an opportunity for such "special" stuff.

Here is a little gift for those who love the road.

This is the Pig Tail Scenic Byway (state 28 in northwest Arkansas), best experienced 0n a motorcycle…but sweet in a car. A little road music, a few curves, and a great three minutes on two lanes.

Dave

Best viewed BEFORE you have lunch!!!! LOL To bad they allow trucks on that road. Getting stuck behind an 18 wheeler on that road would indeed be a bummer.

Hudsonly,

Alex B

Best viewed BEFORE you have lunch!!!! LOL To bad they allow trucks on that road. Getting stuck behind an 18 wheeler on that road would indeed be a bummer.

Hudsonly,

Alex B

Ever checked out the videos on Youtube where guys drive on Tail of the Dragon south of Smoky Mtn. NP? Similiar type of highway and it's popular with motorcyclists, too.

Matt Smallwood

Ever checked out the videos on Youtube where guys drive on Tail of the Dragon south of Smoky Mtn. NP? Similiar type of highway and it's popular with motorcyclists, too.

Matt Smallwood

Oh, yeah - I've been over to that web site. I entertained the idea of making a road trip to that area someday - now I wonder if I AM that crazy!!!! LOL

Alex Burr

Memphis, TN

I entertained the idea of making a road trip to that area someday...

If you ever do get to the area, I recommend the nearby Cherohala Skyway over the Tail of the Dragon. It's a lot more scenic and the curves, while plentiful, are gentler. Of course, if you're twenty-something, immortal, and out to impress on a high-revving Japanese two-wheeler, then the Tail is probably mandatory - and it is a fun drive.