American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

Mini Illinois Route 66 Trip

This Friday, the wife and I will do Route 66 from Dwight to Springfield. We'll be stopping at sites along the way.

Saturday, we'll be staying at the Hilton and I'll be attending the Illinois Sons of Confederate Veterans annual meeting, then we'll enjoy the downtown nightlife.

Sunday, we'll head south to Scotty's in Hamel for the Rt. 66 Assoc. of Illinois' quarterly meeting and spending the night.

Monday and Tuesday we'll be back on Springfield for Cozy Dog's, NTN, Bill Shea, and horseshoes.

This Friday, the wife and I will do Route 66 from Dwight to Springfield. We'll be stopping at sites along the way.

Saturday, we'll be staying at the Hilton and I'll be attending the Illinois Sons of Confederate Veterans annual meeting, then we'll enjoy the downtown nightlife.

Sunday, we'll head south to Scotty's in Hamel for the Rt. 66 Assoc. of Illinois' quarterly meeting and spending the night.

Monday and Tuesday we'll be back on Springfield for Cozy Dog's, NTN, Bill Shea, and horseshoes.

Hey RoadDog, I'm confused regarding the IL meeting in Hamel. Your post is dated the 14th and for some reason I thought the Hamel meeting was on the 13th. Am I misreading your post? I envy your cruise from Dwight to Springfield on 66. We're registered for their June motor tour from STL to Wilmington and will probably spend Sunday night in Dwight....Bliss

Hey, Bliss.

The Hamel meeting is on the 20th. Perhaps you'll get a chance to stop by. Lunch is at 12 with the meeting following.

We're not sure about going on the Illinois motor tour, with it coming so close to the festival, and, what with these GAS PRICES!!!

Hey, Bliss.

The Hamel meeting is on the 20th. Perhaps you'll get a chance to stop by. Lunch is at 12 with the meeting following.

We're not sure about going on the Illinois motor tour, with it coming so close to the festival, and, what with these GAS PRICES!!!

Thanks. Sure glad we didn't drive up to Hamel last Sunday to attend a meeting. We won't be able to make it this Sunday. I try not to think about gas prices too much, even though they're outrageous. We're determined not to let prices keep us off the road and try to compensate with cheaper meals, lodging, etc....Bliss