American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

America On Wheels - Allentown Pa

Dave Reese

I have posted a new album in the Gallery which includes a few photos I took today at the "soft" opening for invited guests. I am a volunteer docent, so I am getting in as much as possible to learn about the displays. It is truly a very professional museum, and well worth the stop when every you get to the Lehigh Valley. You can also check out the web site at http://www.americaonwheels.org/ , but note that it does not seem to work well in Firefox.

I have posted a new album in the Gallery which includes a few photos I took today at the "soft" opening for invited guests. I am a volunteer docent, so I am getting in as much as possible to learn about the displays. It is truly a very professional museum, and well worth the stop when every you get to the Lehigh Valley. You can also check out the web site at http://www.americaonwheels.org/ , but note that it does not seem to work well in Firefox.

Wow, Dave....looks like a first class operation. Another on my Must See list! It would be fun to be a docent there.

Keep the Show on the Road

Dave

I can't wait to visit!

"the museum's quarterly newsletter, The Spoke & Word ..."

. . . now that is too clever.

• 2 weeks later...
The museum got some attention from RoadsideAmerica.com with an entry here.

Thanks for the news Denny,

It is amazing to know that for a location so new, we have already moved up to be reported as an attraction in close proximity to "Stone Willie - Funeral Home Dead Guy".

• 6 months later...

I just wanted to let you all know that America On Wheels has a new display opening this weekend on American Oval Track Race Cars. I have posted some photos on the Flick'r account. These are not the final photos as the show gallery display does not open until this weekend, but I could not resist taking some photos while I was in cleaning tires and helping out today. It was very cool to be working on the tires of an A J Foyt Coyote that could be the same one I saw him drive at Pocono Speedway about 100 years ago (okay, maybe not that far back, but close). I hope some folks get to stop in to see them.

I hope some folks get to stop in to see them.

I've had two near misses on the museum but absolutely intend the get there someday. It's pretty clear that America on Wheels is a class operation that gets some significant bits of history for its exhibits. Your pictures reinforce that.