American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

Studebakers Aplenty!

mobilene

I found this cache of photos from the Studebaker National Museum from a trip I took 2 years ago. Sorry no captions on the photos -- my memories of what's what have faded over time. I can identify the Lark and the Avanti and the Bendix (the silver car) but that's about it.

http://americanroadmagazine.com/forum/inde...um&album=31

I found this cache of photos from the Studebaker National Museum from a trip I took 2 years ago. Sorry no captions on the photos -- my memories of what's what have faded over time. I can identify the Lark and the Avanti and the Bendix (the silver car) but that's about it.

http://americanroadmagazine.com/forum/inde...um&album=31

Jim,

You got some fine photos there! I have to admit, the sculpted lines on the Bendix are quite lovely. I don't always appreciate cars from that era, but that one is impressive.

Keep the Show on thne Road!

Dave

Did you know that if you visit the museum before March 9, you'll not only see Studebakers but a lot of Lincolns, too? No, not the Ford luxury car but pictures of the fellow it was named after. Faces of Lincoln

I'm kind of embarrassed to admit that I've never been to the Studebaker museum nor to the sort of nearby Auburn Cord Duesenberg museum. Maybe this will be the year.

I remember going to a field trip to the Avanti assembly line when they were still in production when I was in grade school. The uncle of someone I went to school with owned it I guess. Haven't been to the museum since. Pretty neat. Thanks for the pictures.

Michele

Did you know that if you visit the museum before March 9, you'll not only see Studebakers but a lot of Lincolns, too? No, not the Ford luxury car but pictures of the fellow it was named after. Faces of Lincoln

I'm kind of embarrassed to admit that I've never been to the Studebaker museum nor to the sort of nearby Auburn Cord Duesenberg museum. Maybe this will be the year.

And while you're in the area, drop over to the Hostetler Hudson Museum in Shipshewana!! The main part of the exhibits are from Eldon Hostetlers personal collection - and Eldon had a hell of a collection!!!!

Museum is brand new - I believe it just opened not to long ago.

Hudsonly,

Alex Burr

Memphis, TN

And while you're in the area, drop over to the Hostetler Hudson Museum in Shipshewana!! The main part of the exhibits are from Eldon Hostetlers personal collection - and Eldon had a hell of a collection!!!!

Museum is brand new - I believe it just opened not to long ago.

Hudsonly,

Alex Burr

Memphis, TN

They seem to have a sort of holding page at http://www.hostetlershudsons.com/ which says "Website coming soon". But it also says that the museum is "Opening in September" and "Open Year Round". A call to the listed number, (260) 768-3021, got a recording which was for the city center and not specifically for the museum. A call during normal hours will tell more.

They seem to have a sort of holding page at http://www.hostetlershudsons.com/ which says "Website coming soon". But it also says that the museum is "Opening in September" and "Open Year Round". A call to the listed number, (260) 768-3021, got a recording which was for the city center and not specifically for the museum. A call during normal hours will tell more.

Half the building is the muesum - the other half is the city center. Some sort of deal that got it built;

The website was supposed to be up lastl September;

Hudson Car Club members were invited to a preview opening in July last year during the National meet in Auburn - The museum officially opened October 5th last year, according to a post on the Hudson forum.

The address is: Hostetlers Hudson Auto Museum. 760 South VanBuern. Shipshewana, IN.

Hudsonly,

Alex Burr

Memphis, TN

Edited by Alex Burr - hester_nec

• 1 month later...

My grandfather owned Hood Motor Company in Goldsboro, NC, from 1939 to 1954. He sold Studebakers.

A 1950 Studebaker that he sold was parked in front of the the house when he died in 1985.