American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

"secret" Photo Galleries

DennyG

The recent spamming that came though the photo gallery here resulted in me looking about the place much more than usual. To my surprise, I found entire albums that I didn't know were there. The most recent is a group of Door County Wisconsin photos posted by mmarkley and Chris Rowland has several photos from a 2007 Florida trip. I was really pleased to see that Gherkintrude posted pictures from her autumn trip to the US. I sometimes wondered how the trip she discussed here unfolded.

Apparently someone knew of these pictures because most show quite a few visits but I had no idea they were there. Maybe I missed some announcement or maybe folks just stumbled upon them. If I missed announcements, I apologize but, just in case I didn't I'll mention that there are no automatic notices of gallery additions. Please drop a note in the forum when something gets added. Here I was worrying needlessly that poor Gherkintrude had become lost on the way to Ohio.

Yeah mine too. I wasn't even finished uploading yet. :)
Oops. Sorry. I think I was so surprised to see Gherkintrude's pictures had been there, without fanfare, since December that I just assumed that others I hadn't seen were "secret", too. I liked what I saw from both of you and really am sorry for messing up your plans. :blush:

Hey everyone new gallery. :)

Not meant to be a secret. Just blame it on me being a newb.

I've finished posting some of the better photos of our trip to Door County Wisconsin in fall of 2005. I have a ton more pictures but I figured 30 was probably more than enough. Sad to say we took Interstates on our way up. Forgive me, it was before I turned from the dark side. I do see the error in our ways now. I would like to say that we probably drove over every inch of road on Door Peninsula while we were up there and it is spectacular.

You will see by my pictures that I have a fondness for lighthouses. I have more pics if you want some send me an email and I can get them to you somehow. Hope you enjoy these.

Michele

Very nice. Are those your footprints in the sand?

Sad to say we took Interstates on our way up. Forgive me, it was before I turned from the dark side. I do see the error in our ways now.
We're here for you Michele. The interstates do have their place. They may occasionally be used because of time or (as I experienced recently) weather but if you ever find yourself even considering using one for anything other than absolute necessity, drop this group a note. Someone will talk you out of it ;)

Very nice. Are those your footprints in the sand?

We're here for you Michele. The interstates do have their place. They may occasionally be used because of time or (as I experienced recently) weather but if you ever find yourself even considering using one for anything other than absolute necessity, drop this group a note. Someone will talk you out of it ;)

Denny, Michele,

Nice touch there, Denny. Wish I could top it!

We recognize the interstates as valuable, especially as they clear all the crazy traffic off the two lanes and leave them for the enlightened :bowdown2: to enjoy.

Keep the Show on the Road!

Dave