American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

3d Annual Kent And Mary Sue Sanderson Sweetheart Cruise

rudkipon66

A Group of 66ers in Missouri continued an annual tradition with the 3rd Annual Kent and Mary Sue Sanderson Sweetheart Cruise February 16 and 17. Here is a picaverbal of the weekends events:

http://adobe.kodakgallery.com/rudkipon66

Enjoy! Tsingtao Kip

Terrific job.....bridges, Mark Twain, and sweethearts! Enjoyed the photos and the great writeup!

Keep the Show on the Road!

Dave

I'm jealous of your visit to the soda fountain! There was one still in an old 5 and dime on the south side of South Bend, IN, when I was a boy there in the late 70s and early 80s. I always got chocolate malts. My brother was so known for ordering double-strength root beers that they'd just make him one when they saw him come in the door, and it'd be sitting on the counter when he got done shopping and was ready to drink it.

Thanks for sharing!

jim

picaverbal???? :huh: Is that Latin?? I've heard of folks who make a game of constructing searches that get exactly one hit on Google. "picaverbal" does it. Of course, as soon at this thread is indexed, I guess there'll be two. :D

I really enjoyed the cruise and the cruisers. For those who weren't there, Kip gave everyone a copy of the Missouri 79 graphic that starts his album. Some folks had tape and placed theirs in side windows. I laid mine on the dashboard. I intended to keep it as a souvenir but it's nowhere to be found. I recall a gust of wind at the cemetery and some papers blowing around in the car. I'm guessing that one escaped to remain there and mark the occasion.

Great job -- on the pictures and the trip.

picaverbal???? :huh: Is that Latin?? I've heard of folks who make a game of constructing searches that get exactly one hit on Google. "picaverbal" does it. Of course, as soon at this thread is indexed, I guess there'll be two. :D

I really enjoyed the cruise and the cruisers. For those who weren't there, Kip gave everyone a copy of the Missouri 79 graphic that starts his album. Some folks had tape and placed theirs in side windows. I laid mine on the dashboard. I intended to keep it as a souvenir but it's nowhere to be found. I recall a gust of wind at the cemetery and some papers blowing around in the car. I'm guessing that one escaped to remain there and mark the occasion.

Great job -- on the pictures and the trip.

We had a great time as well, for our very brief time with everyone. I wish the weather hadn't been so iffy, because I really wish we were there for the soda fountain....I adore old soda fountains and of course, the soda they dispense. Premixed soda just can't compare!

A Group of 66ers in Missouri continued an annual tradition with the 3rd Annual Kent and Mary Sue Sanderson Sweetheart Cruise February 16 and 17. Here is a picaverbal of the weekends events:

http://adobe.kodakgallery.com/rudkipon66

Enjoy! Tsingtao Kip

Kip, you and Denny have produced excellent photos and text from last weekend's Sweetheart Cruise. We are sharing both with family and friends who otherwise would not have access to anything other than our few photos without text.

We had a wonderful time on the cruise with our roadie friends. Always felt fortunate to have grown up in that part of the country and, especially, for finding my lifetime sweetheart there because the history we share is priceless. Thanks again for picking up the torch....Bliss