American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

Christmas Booty

RoadDog

So, what kind of great "Roadie" stuff did ya'll get for Christmas?

I got a copy of Brian Butko's "Greetings from the Lincoln Highway" and Michael Karl Witzel's "The American Motel."

I'll know the days as I also got a Route 66 2008 calendar with photos by Terrence Moore.

Whatt'd You Get?

I got a copy of Brian Butko's "Greetings from the Lincoln Highway" and Michael Karl Witzel's "The American Motel."

I'll know the days as I also got a Route 66 2008 calendar with photos by Terrence Moore.

Whatt'd You Get?

RoadDog,

Good haul!

I got an American Road shirt and cap, one of those FM transmitters so I can easily play my mp3 through the radio, and the pleasure of having my son visit. A great Christmas!

Keep the Show on the Road!

Dave

Whatt'd You Get?

My wife's Dad gave us the Garmin "nuvi 660", (for which I need Mac software).

And for probably the 2nd time in my adult life, I was able to stay home "off-road" for Christmas day, play trains with our son and actually barbecue our lunch! . . .

... Chris

I got a Magellan Maestro 3100. If you decide to go with this line, I recommend going one or two up since the 3100 has only 750,000 Points of Interest for the lower 48 (it seems like a lot, but the number leaves out many, especially in this part of the country). The estimated time the trip will take seems to be off as well, but I have not yet updated the firmware (waiting until I get back to school with the Ethernet connection).

I treated myself to a DeLorme Miss. atlas, which is helpful for finding old alignments in the field. It's also useful in geocaching, where there are DeLorme challenges for almost every (if not every) state. Now to save up for the rest of them <grin>.

Tracy

Whatt'd You Get?

:) How about that, I got the same book by Brian Butko. I can't wait to drive the Lincoln Highway. It took me three trips over a few years to complete Route 66 and the Lincoln Highway is my next goal. I received Michael Wallis's book about the Lincoln Highway for my birthday this last September and it is a great read as well. Brian's book adds the maps and the mile by mile commentary needed when you are actually on the road.

Santa also gave me a super Route 66 clock. I found this in the parts department at a local card dealership last Februray and just casually mentioned it to my live in Santa (wive). I forgot all about it and was surprised and really pleased :rolleyes: that she did not.

Safe journeys,

etchr66

I got a fun book called More Signspotting which is a hoot, the book Crosley, the board game Route 66, and the DVD Wild Hogs which features Madrid NM, which we visited on a prior trip.

Also got some die-cast model cars for my HO slot layout, and had all three kids, our granddaughter, and my mom all home for Christmas. It was one of the best ever.

I got to spend Christmas with my daughter - and a road trip on the Blues Road with Denny G.

Ah, life is grand.

Hudsonly,

Alex Burr

Memphis, TN

Alex,

A'int it the truth!! It's the people that count!

Glad you had a great Christmas!

Keep the Show on the Road!