American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

Road Trip Through The Twilight Zone (somewhat Off Topic)

BabyBoomerBob

I hope I'm not being out of line for posting a link to a web page about touring in Europe, but this site really got to me. For all that we are saddened when favorite bridges or motels go down, at least we still have our lives intact. Let us be grateful for the good things that we do have.

http://www.angelfire.com/extreme4/kiddofspeed/cherlinks.html

I hope I'm not being out of line for posting a link to a web page about touring in Europe, but this site really got to me. For all that we are saddened when favorite bridges or motels go down, at least we still have our lives intact. Let us be grateful for the good things that we do have.

BabyBoomerBob,

Thanks!!!

A facinating insight into Russia (pre and post Soviet Union) and road travel. And all the more so when it is by motorcycle and the rider is a woman in her early 30's.

There is a lot more here than a road trip!

Later.....

I have now read more on the site...and it is both profound and enormously frightening. Frankly, I’m not sure whether to dance for joy that we haven’t yet destroyed ourselves at our own hands, or to acknowledge we probably will one day. As well done as this site is, this is definitely one road trip I don’t want to take.

Keep the Show on the Road!

Some great stuff in here. I really did not need another reason to hang out on the computer, but this is amazing, and a much safer way to explore there.

Thanks for posting this.

I don't think you are out of line. This is more than just a road trip - it is a horrifying reminder that the world should never, ever forget.

Every leader, every politician, in the world should be forced to make this tour - maybe it would stop and make them think. Tho, sadly, I doubt it.

Hudsonly,

Alex Burr

Memphis, TN

Thanks for sharing the site. What an incredible (and horrific) story. It seems there is a global lesson to be applied to everyone and to all industries - not just politicians, etc. about the risks involved when cutting corners for whatever reason/motivation.

Becky