American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

My Bad By Ypsi-slim

I forgot to post my last Lincoln Highway E-Newsletter - my bad. Before I post my new one I want to give everyone the chance to check it out. You can read it at:

http://xrl.us/7kw9

I also want to address some comments made about me - I am definitely not an expert in the early routing of

the Lincoln Highway, especially in the western states - Wyoming, Utah, Nevada and California. There is so

much of the Lincoln Highway there that has been reduced to jeep trails on private ranches, driveways, etc.

that you would really have to live in the area, and have lots of free time, to figure things out. The 2007 National Lincoln Highway Conference pre-tour in Wyoming proved that. Despite the fact that we were on dirt roads for hours, there were always barely discernible tracks and traces of earlier routes. Thanks to Randy Wagner for these wonderful pre and post Conference Tours.

Lastly - I still haven't figured out how folks are getting pics in their posting, and would appreciate if someone could explain it to me. Thanks.

Lastly - I still haven't figured out how folks are getting pics in their posting, and would appreciate if someone could explain it to me. Thanks.

Yips,

When replying to a note, below the box you're typing in, you'll see "File Attachments". If the photo you're wanting to add is on our computer (as opposed to one that's on a website), then just click "Browse", locate it on your computer, click on the image, and then you'll see its location appear next to "File Attachments". Then just click "Add This Attachment", and it should show up in your message.

Yips,

When replying to a note, below the box you're typing in, you'll see "File Attachments". If the photo you're wanting to add is on our computer (as opposed to one that's on a website), then just click "Browse", locate it on your computer, click on the image, and then you'll see its location appear next to "File Attachments". Then just click "Add This Attachment", and it should show up in your message.

Thanks Pat - that seem's pretty easy. I'll start using that feature soon. Jan Shupert-Arick and I plan on meeting in Indianapolis in November as part of the planning of the 2009 Lincoln Highway Association National Conference, headquartered in South Bend. One of the Bus Tours will be to Indianapolis via the Dixie Highway. If you and Jennifer have the time available we would like to meet with you regarding this. We are looking at a weekend - nothing is set yet. Let me know - thanks.

Thanks Pat - that seem's pretty easy. I'll start using that feature soon. Jan Shupert-Arick and I plan on meeting in Indianapolis in November as part of the planning of the 2009 Lincoln Highway Association National Conference, headquartered in South Bend. One of the Bus Tours will be to Indianapolis via the Dixie Highway. If you and Jennifer have the time available we would like to meet with you regarding this. We are looking at a weekend - nothing is set yet. Let me know - thanks.

That'd be great! Keep us posted. As you may have read in the "State Highways" topic on the AR forum, we'll be out of town the first weekend in November, along with a few other AR forum folks. Feel free to join us if you're free that weekend!

• 3 weeks later...
That'd be great! Keep us posted. As you may have read in the "State Highways" topic on the AR forum, we'll be out of town the first weekend in November, along with a few other AR forum folks. Feel free to join us if you're free that weekend!

Hey Pat,

I am in Indianapolis tonight (Friday - November 9) with Jan Shupert-Arick, her husband Bill Arick and Joyce Chambers. We are all here to help plan the Indianapolis tour day of the 2009 Lincoln Highway Association National Conference. We are staying at one of the rental Officer's houses at the Benjamin Harrison State Park. We will be going to Speedway tomorrow morning, then to the Auto Heritage section with the Stutz building, and we are also interested in identifying any Carl Fisher related sites. We would like to get together with you and Jennifer as much as possible Saturday and/or Sunday, or at the minimum to join us for lunch or dinner. I hope this reaches you. This is my cell number - 734-223-2691. Hoping we can get together - sorry for the lack of advanced notice.

Russell Rein

Please tell us that you folks got together.

Unfortunately I didn't get the note until later on Saturday. Plans for Sunday were washed out due to heavy rains, but there'll be a "next time", as there's more planning for this leg of the L.H. convention.