American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

Springfield 66 Festival....the Video Cruise

As promised, I've finally got video up on YouTube from the Friday night cruise from the 66 Festival in Springfield. That's Denny & Road Dog in the blue Corvette in front of me, and you can occasionally get a glimpse of Bliss' red Corvette in front of Denny. Had Denny known there was a mad-man behind him shooting video while driving, he probably would've been in the other lane. :drive1: The videos are in sequence, so here ya go (complete with some road tunes that were played live!): :popcorn2:

Yep. Just like I remember it. Our time on Sixty-Six actually begins after the big turn in reel #3 and those who are both very observant and know what they're looking for can catch a glimpse of the Cozy Dog sign on the left side. There is another Cozy Dog connection in reel #4 just beyond the big bus. Spot Bob Waldmire's Mustang on the left and you'll see Bob behind it trying to figure out who it was who just yelled "Hi, Bob".

I wonder how Ken Burns will take this new threat to his documentary film making crown.

• 3 weeks later...
As promised, I've finally got video up on YouTube from the Friday night cruise from the 66 Festival in Springfield. That's Denny & Road Dog in the blue Corvette in front of me, :popcorn2:

Thanks for those memories. I sure enjoyed that cruise and was amazed by all the people lining the roads. Read an article in the Springfield State Journal Register about the fact that this set a record with 1,169 cars in the parade.

There were also a lot of comments on the article and some people were not happy that they had to wait. All I can say is to get out of your car and enjoy the spectacle.

I'm happy to see that no dogs were injured in the making of the film.

My wife yells at me when I drive and take video at the same time, even though I rarely look at the viewfinder.

Springfield, Illinois. A Great Place to Visit. --RoadDog