American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

At Last

mobilene

Now that I have my new permanent address, I subscribed to American Road today. I'm looking forward to the Autumn issue! jim

Ah, at last!

Think of the joy. You are sitting on your richly upholstered chair in your new digs.. The doorbell rings and the postman hands you your first issue of American Road. You are eager to open it, but first you gently caress the glossy cover, and thumb the tightly trimmed pages. A smile slowly crosses your face as your eyes meet with the cover image, and there is a brief rush of excitement as you peel back the first page, and seek the table of contents. Soon you are deep inside the magazine, gulping in the stories and savoring the images. What could be better? Need I say more?

Keep the Show on the Road!

And American Road people do such a GREAT job of keeping up with their suscribers, no matter how many times they change addresses (in my case we're up to 2)!!!! :D LOL

It's greatly appreciated.

Hudsonly,

Alex Burr

Keep, that would be the $25 recliner I picked up at Goodwill. I expect the rest of your description will be spot on, however.

The other magazine I take is Collectible Automobile, which I read cover to cover because it's so daggone good. I expect I'll experience the same with American Road!

jim

Edited by mobilene

Keep, that would be the $25 recliner I picked up at Goodwill. I expect the rest of your description will be spot on, however.

The other magazine I take is Collectible Automobile, which I read cover to cover because it's so daggone good. I expect I'll experience the same with American Road!

jim

I used to zealously stack all of my mags in my home office for future reference but I discovered that I never revisited them and they just became clutter. I've begun sharing these with roadie friends who don't subscribe to mags for one reason or another; sort of "sharing the wealth" as it were. Current shared mags include AR, Route 66 (national), Route 66 of the IL and MO associations, Motor Trend, Road and Track, Car and Driver, Playboy, etc. We also trade paperbacks of mutual interest.

Oh yeah; I just picked up a great pair of Levis at Goodwill for four bucks....Bliss

I'm in that post-divorce, need-furniture, avoiding-debt phase. I bought a nice dining room set off Craigslist for $90 the other day.

I used to keep all my mags but the clutter became too much. All I keep now is CA. I had about six years on the shelf until about four years ago when I lost them all (long story). They were excellent reference material. I met a man yesterday who owns a '49 Dodge Coronet club coupe and I was dying to go see if I had an article in the archive about that car. No luck.

jim

And American Road people do such a GREAT job of keeping up with their suscribers, no matter how many times they change addresses (in my case we're up to 2)!!!! :D LOL

It's greatly appreciated.

Hudsonly,

Alex Burr

Mobilie - Thanks for subscribing! We hope you enjoy every issue.

Alex, we appreciate the compliment. You've given me an opportunity to take a moment to remind everyone to please let us know if you relocate. And, if you perchance miss an issue due to relocation, we will send out a replacement. (Same thing goes if a copy gets lost in the mail). You are all are very important to us.

:D Becky