American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

Since This Is The Month Of Halloween

RoadDog

Have you ever had any paranormal experiences on the road?

Tuesday, I was having breakfast at Springfield, Illinois' famous Cozy Dog. I was reading one of the magazines from their periodical library and at a table near the Liar's Table, when a metal condiment holder just fell off an unoccupied table.

A guy from the Lair's Table got up and cleaned up the mess and put it back. They said that this has happened before and had a scientific explanation. About 15 minutes late, it happened again.

I'm of the opinion that it might be from someone who died at the former Abraham Lincoln Motel that originally occupied the site. Cozy Dog used to be next door, but its property was bought by Walgreen's and a new store erected. Imagine Walgreens doing that?

Or, perhaps it was Ed Waldemire warning me not to try to leave with the magazine still in my possession.

Whatever the case, that was mighty strange.

Does Anyone Remember that Great Old Song "Laura?" --RoadDog

When it comes to things society can't readily explain, such as paranormal or UFOs, I'm typically open-minded to the possibility of either existing, but until I see evidence myself, I'll just choose to take it all with a grain of salt. The only *possible* paranormal experience I may or may not have had occurred a few years ago while we were visiting a little tourist town in southeast Indiana called Metamora. It's an old town with mainly older buildings, circa 1800's, where folks buy antiques, fudge, and the like. We were in a particular store....more of a curio shop.....when we were in the back of the shop looking through some things. Jennifer was near me, but I didn't pay a lot of attention to how close. Then, I felt a single tap on my left shoulder, so obvious that I immediately turned my head to the left to see who it was, thinking it was Jennifer. Well, there was no one on my left, and Jennifer was 5 or 6 feet away on my right! No one else was near, and I know it couldn't have been Jennifer, as she would've had to have 6 foot long arms, as my turn to see who tapped on me was instant. So, was it someone from the other side? I'll never know. I figure it was either that, or my left trapezius had a single, quick spasm! Either way, I didn't imagine it, whatever it was. Every time we're in Metamora, we always go into that shop to see if my shoulder muscle wants to twitch.......or see if our old friend wants to visit. :sofa:

Well, I don't think you call this paranormal (at least not our experience). . . but. . .

When Thomas was researching the article on Point Pleasant, WV, that ran over a year ago, we went into the area called TNT. The TNT area is where several Moth Man sightings were reported. It certainly met all criteria necessary for 'spooky.' It was overgrown, had murky water, abandoned buildings, you name it. If I were a Moth Man, it's definitely where I would hang out!

:unsure:

Becky

For years I've had these little voices in my head, from time to time, telling me I should look here to find, for example, someone we were searching for (when I was in the Coast Guard), or that I should do this or that. Sometimes right, oft times wrong.

Crazy, or Paranormal - take your choice. Works for me.

Hudsonly,

Alex B

Nope, been driving, working, sleeping, and eating for nearly 70 years and have never observed anything remotely paranormal. But I keep looking.

I did see a black cat cross the road about six months before I married my first wife. Would that qualify?

Keep the Show on the Road!