American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

Trail Proposed Along The Lh In Western Omaha

The plan for the proposed trail alongside Old Lincoln Highway includes a 3/4 mile paved trail to the south of the highway and informational kiosks. This is in the area of the restored brick section, somewhat west of Boys Town and east of (the now former) Elkhorn, NE. (I say former because Elkhorn was involuntarily annexed by Omaha. It's now just an Omaha neighborhood, a la "South Omaha" and "Benson", annexed years ago.)

Full Omaha World-Herald article is at

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=2798...;u_sid=10135155

Edited by Larry F.

The plan for the proposed trail alongside Old Lincoln Highway includes a 3/4 mile paved trail to the south of the highway and informational kiosks. This is in the area of the restored brick section, somewhat west of Boys Town and east of (the now former) Elkhorn, NE. (I say former because Elkhorn was involuntarily annexed by Omaha. It's now just an Omaha neighborhood, a la "South Omaha" and "Benson", annexed years ago.)

Full Omaha World-Herald article is at

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=2798...;u_sid=10135155

Larry,

Thanks for the tip!

I note also that the article says that the interest in the Lincoln runs high among tourists. It might be smart to have that noted by some places that don't recognize the value of the old alignments!

Keep the Show on the Road!